Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Rip DVD Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I like how ripdvd works, but how do I get it to rip a DVD as an Mpeg? I want to encode them to see which looks better through my projector.

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 9:29 pm
I use DVDDecrypter. The ripped files are .VOB and works flawless with VDJ, but if you still want a ".MPG" file, just rename the .VOB to .MPG and walla..... same quality as the .VOB, same quailty as the DVD.

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 11:24 am
I don't think that by changing the file extension will do it. It is still a VOB file. I also think that a video file can be corrupted by doing that too. I not 100% sure. Anyone else with any other thoughts?

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 9:21 pm
I use DVD Decrypter to rip VOB files then I use Sony Vegas to make any edits thats sometimes required. I can shrink to MPEG1 or MPEG2 = VOB. Right now I'm taking pieces of movies and shrinking the parts I need to MPEG1 because there only +/- 30 sec... example is a scene from Happy Feet and Oceans Eleven and the Matrix.

Once this is done I can place them in the clip bank or remix them into music videos.

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 10:40 pm
Does anyone have any suggestions on batch video converters? I am looking to convert VOB to Mpeg2. I can do the Vegas thing but I have like 3,000+ VOB videos and I would like to leave this studio/office at some point of the summer. =)

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 12:31 am
#1 dvd ripper will do what you want. I will tell you that there is no better video quality then VOB. I am now using DVD Decrypter to rip VOBs. I have been playing videos for about 15 years and I have ripped them in every format known to man. With the price of hard drive space you are not limited to size. My terabite drive has around 15,000 videos on it and I still have 100 GB free. I would use VOB.

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 7:10 pm
I agree with the HDD pricing. I bought a new HDD with 500g space just for videos. I put about 10+ new VOB video a weak and it's going to be a while before I fill it up.... Just get a new HDD plus with the everyone switching to HD tv by next year. Your gonna want a better quality video to show on them.

Posted Tue 20 May 08 @ 3:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)