Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MUST SEE for Macbook and macbook pro with fastrack pro users

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MacBook 13.3" recommended USB port
Text size [-] [+]

The use of USB Audio Devices on the USB port closest to the screen is not recommended. This applies to all MacBook Models (Core Duo and Core 2 Duo).

There are 2 USB ports on the left side of the MacBook models. Due to the current USB configuration of the MacBook under OS X, the use of USB audio devices is supported on the front USB port only (the port farthest away from the screen). Use of such devices on the rear USB port is not advised because it may cause audio interrupts and/or dropped samples. However, the use of an iLok dongle on the rear port has been qualified and is fully supported.

These USB port recommendations are specific to USB Audio devices only (such as the Fast Track USB or Audiophile USB). USB Keyboard and Control Surface products do not have a recommended USB port at this time.

MacBook Pro recommended USB port(s)
Text size [-] [+]

The use of USB Audio Devices on the Right-Hand USB Port Is Not Recommended. This applies to ALL MacBook Pro Models (Core Duo and Core 2 Duo).

• The 15" MacBook Pro models have 1 USB port on the left side, and one USB port on the right side.
• The 17" MacBook Pro models have 2 USB ports on the left side, and one USB port on the right side.

Due to the current USB configuration of the MacBook Pro under OS X, use of USB audio devices is supported on the left-hand USB ports only (the port or ports next to the power adapter cable). Use of such devices on the right-hand USB port is not advised because it may cause audio interrupts and/or dropped samples. However, the use of an iLok on the right-hand port has been qualified and is fully supported.

These USB port recommendations are specific to USB Audio devices only (such as the FastTrack USB or AudioPhile USB). USB Keyboard and Control Surface products do not have a recommended USB port at this time.

DJ Jazzy Jetta

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 12:20 pm
I use numark icdx's on each usb port to control my vdj. Are these considered audio devices? Could this be the cause of any random freezes with certain audio tracks played in vdj? By the way, the freezing problem just began happening two weeks ago and i haven't made any recent changes that could suddenly cause this.

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 7:46 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djlongside wrote :
I use numark icdx's on each usb port to control my vdj. Are these considered audio devices? Could this be the cause of any random freezes with certain audio tracks played in vdj? By the way, the freezing problem just began happening two weeks ago and i haven't made any recent changes that could suddenly cause this.

They are just controlers they would not cause freezing of audio.

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 6:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)