Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: News: 5.08 VDJ (Rmx Le to Pro migration fix) - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

je voudrais un new serial number
pour telecharger une mise a jour de virtual dj pour vista

Posted Mon 26 May 08 @ 12:14 pm
bebhoms45 wrote :
je voudrais un new serial number
pour telecharger une mise a jour de virtual dj pour vista

Speak english please or go to the french forum.
For your problem please contact the E-Support.

Posted Mon 26 May 08 @ 1:50 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
normsk1 wrote :
Thanks for the info xonor. Looks like upgrade time for me then.

Also folks just thought I'd mention it here, just incase anybody has an issue with this. It may be of help to them. I'm using my rmx console with my macbook 1.83 Ghz Intel Core Duo with 2GB Ram (it says that the bus power is 500mA). I've not upgraded yet to the full version of vdj 5.08, so still running the lite version that came bundled with the console. When I first got the rmx and pluged in the usb cable, I found that, the power output from the macbook was not enough to power the rmx, even while the mac was mains powered, the buttons light up on connection very briefly and then die. I get round this by using a small portable 4 port USB hub, that has a power adapter. It seems to run well with that (played a gig 4hrs straight last night, everything worked great). I don't know if it's just that my old macbook isn't up to the job , or if there is another reason. But if anybody knows what that is, I'd be interested to know why. It's not a big issue cause the extra powered usb ports come in handy for mice, drives, and a usb light, during a gig. So I'd probably be using it anyway.

Please contact Hercules Service Support, some of the first RMX units have a little trouble with USB power.
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 2:47 am
Hey guys....In my download section I only see 5.07...is there a reason for this? I have the full software!

Posted Tue 27 May 08 @ 6:51 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djjaggy wrote :
Hey guys....In my download section I only see 5.07...is there a reason for this? I have the full software!

It is a VDJ only update to patch an issue with migrating from RMX edition to pro vdj only.

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 4:07 am
Hello i'm new to this site and i recently purchased the numark cue/virtual vinyl pro version that came with the input box,cd,vinyl etc. I updated the version to a 5.07 Mac and i see on the forum that there is a 5.08 for the RMX. I purchased the RMX a few days ago and want to get the 5.08 version for the RMX fix. When i go to enter the serial number for the software i want to upgrade it tells me that it's not a valid number. I'm getting the number right off the software sleeve. Can anyone help me please??

Posted Wed 28 May 08 @ 10:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJsteve30 wrote :
Hello i'm new to this site and i recently purchased the numark cue/virtual vinyl pro version that came with the input box,cd,vinyl etc. I updated the version to a 5.07 Mac and i see on the forum that there is a 5.08 for the RMX. I purchased the RMX a few days ago and want to get the 5.08 version for the RMX fix. When i go to enter the serial number for the software i want to upgrade it tells me that it's not a valid number. I'm getting the number right off the software sleeve. Can anyone help me please??

Hi this is a VDJ only fix it is for a problem with migrating from the trial to the pro version.

It seems you are now registered correctly.

Posted Thu 29 May 08 @ 2:11 am
Thanks Skyfxl. I have a question about the RMX controller the forum might be able to answer.. I'm located in in Orange County california and i purchased the RMX and i come to find out that each button has to manually be assigned to work with the software. I cant seem to get certain buttons assigned correcty. Do you know if there is a mac plugin that has the buttons already assigned for the pro version of virtual DJ??? or is there anyone close to Orange County California that has the same controller and maybe can give me some tips? Thanks all

Posted Fri 30 May 08 @ 9:29 am
hi guys!

Got RMX and work with the VDJ LE version. I got a Macbook Intel core 2 Duo with 10.5.3. Yesterday upon launching VDJ
I got a message saying " ERROR WITH SOUND DRIVER"...VDJ opens up, midi works fine, upon pressing the play button on RMX nothing happens.
I tested RMX with other applications as an audio card and it works fine. Any ideas???? Please help I am loosing money!

Peace, D.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 7:44 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djfish21 wrote :
hi guys!

Got RMX and work with the VDJ LE version. I got a Macbook Intel core 2 Duo with 10.5.3. Yesterday upon launching VDJ
I got a message saying " ERROR WITH SOUND DRIVER"...VDJ opens up, midi works fine, upon pressing the play button on RMX nothing happens.
I tested RMX with other applications as an audio card and it works fine. Any ideas???? Please help I am loosing money!

Peace, D.

Have u dl the latest driver for the rmx from the herc website?

N try to slide the performances to fastest n latency auto.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 11:42 pm
thank you spinnalJ - Regarding the msg ERROR IN THE SOUND DRIVER from VDJ LE

Unfortunately I ve done that already, downloaded the latest driver from Hercules, unistalled RMX drivers and VDJ LE and went through the whole thing again,
but NO results. A friend suggested that the problem with the driver might be from updating to 10.5.3. However, the problem started 2 days after I updated my OS.
Also, I tried to activate the pro version, to check if that is a bug related to the LE version of the program but that never happened (no pro feauters acctivated)
Needless to say that I don't think it's fair to have to buy the software first and then have to face problems like this one, especially if you have gigs
going on all the time.

Thanks!

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 4:31 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
New Rmx driver installed here.

V1.88

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 4:44 am
normsk1Home userMember since 2008
I mentioned in a post a couple of weeks ago with regards USB power on my mac book not being able to power the rmx console, incase anyone has similar problems, this was the reply from the hecules tech people. I'm still running OSX 10.4.11. (for the meantime), Everything else seems to run fine. I just thought I'd post so anyone with similar issues would know why.

We have checked this for you and we wanted to strongly advise you to update your Mac OS X to version 10.5.3 as this update resolves an important issue with some usb audio devices.

More information about this Apple Update can be found here :

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1141

Posted Fri 13 Jun 08 @ 11:28 pm
Is anyone experiencing a firmware update error with the RMX controller in Pro VDJ. I don't think my board is updating to the new drivers properly it states this error at plug in/startup. I am still having issues with usb power drain causing the usb ports to shut down. I am currently using a external usb port I had to waste another 20 dollars on to work around the issue. I also receive driver error messages when attempting to set up the proper settings. I attempt to hook up 2 Pioneer CDJ 800s into my RMX and run timecode. as soon as I switch to the option of 2 timecode sources the program crashes in 5-30 seconds later. I am so frustrated with this softwares performance with my controller I pretty much just want my money back. I have already lost 3 gigs due to these issues.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07
SMC Version: 1.16f8
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Posted Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 4:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)