Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Advice on using an External Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How to record mixtape using an external mixer, a 2 channel mixer with BPM counter on it? Whenever I play back my mix tape when the fader is on the middle it will mute then start the song I was mixing with. I have 5.1 channel sound card, but I configure it for 4.1 channel.

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 7:44 pm
Im having a problem also with recording mixtapes. Im using Vdj Club.I forget what version. But when I use my external mixer to record a mixtape it sounds all fucked up. The reason for it is because my cross fader on my software is still left in the middle. I wanna know how I get my software crossfader to move with my external mixer crossfader so u wont hear both songs when I'm cueing up a song.

EXAMPLE.
If I hav a song playing on 1 deck and then I cue up another soong on deck 2, you can hear me cueing it up on my recording.

How do I stop that???

Posted Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 1:35 am
If you guys aren't using a midi mixer that interfaces with the software then you will have to purchase one or not use the external mixer when you want to record. The recording is done from within the software, the software is not aware of the external mixer. Use the crossfader in the software when you are recording your mixtapes.

Posted Wed 04 Jun 08 @ 8:32 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Or send a feed from your mixer's output (most have a dedicated "rec out") into the line in of your soundcard, and select "line in" in VDJ's recording settings.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 8:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)