Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: clen install still problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well, I had windows XP, but video will only work with vista. I did a clean install of vista and tried it out tonight. it would play but every now and then had a skip like a cd? If it can not do this with audio, forget video. This system only has Virtual DJ, itunes and the anti virus program. I have decided to get go head first and buy a pioneer system to play audio and video. To those doing video and audio succusfully, I have to give it to you. I made the leap to hardware, cant depend on the software.

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 4:36 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you running Vista SP1 ? It has cleared up several users issues. Vista was flaky with audio and video in the initial release.
If this machine is dedicated to VirtualDJ, why are you running an Anti-Virus program ? If Anything, turn it off while running VirtualDJ.
Why the need for iTunes ? It loads several extra unnecessary processes. I really don't understand the need for it ?

As for your XP issues and video, the only thing would be weak video support of the system. If the system was running old AGP8 with weak video card (low onboard memory or shared), I can see the problems. With a system supporting PCI-Express and decent card with on-board memory (256Mb+) - don't see what might be the problem.

Sorry you have had issues... hope you stick with it.

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 7:58 am
I can almost bet the problems are as Chris said above. I am willing to bet the anti virus is screwin somethin up somewhere. Also if you arent onlone with this system turn of Windows Defender, Sidebar, and the UAC. If u are using Norton good luck with that one as Norton is a HUGE resource hog and has been known to cause issues.

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 11:42 am
How do I turn off the UAC?

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 2:04 pm
well, I turned off the UAC, installed SP1 and uninstalled iTunes. I will give it another run tonight.

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 3:52 pm
Well??? Any news?? Did it all run well or was there issues?

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 3:31 am
I will find out this weekend, I ended up not useing it last Sat night.

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 2:41 pm
Well I used it for about 2 hours last night and it did it again 3 times in the 2 hours. It sounds like a CD skipping. So i am just going to wipe the hard drive and go back to Windows XP.

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 2:00 pm
I just got this program, and as soon as i start it up my computer goes into a safe mode and shuts down....can anyone help me here?

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 9:11 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
djbird38
Don't spam topics, open your own topic and describe your problem, thanks.

Posted Mon 19 May 08 @ 4:23 am
I put Windows XP back on it with virtual DJ v5r6. This is the setup on my old laptop that is bullitproof with virtual dj. I will try this on the new laptop and see if this works at the bar when I work Thur night.

Posted Mon 19 May 08 @ 5:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)