Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Warning : DJ console RMX and vdj 5.07pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

foxinouPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi mac users,

I just want to avoid you to make the same mistake i did one week ago : DO NOT BUY THE UPGRADE TO PRO IF YOU ARE USING A DJ CONSOLE RMX....

Why ? Just because it does not work with mac OS. I know, it is strange... It is indeed difficult to understand why a limited edtion of the 5.07 version works, but not the full/pro version.
Your console cannot be detected with pro version.

I'm really furious about VDJ and Hercules support about it. I contacted several times VDJ Support before to buy. I congratulated them because i received answer quickly...
But they never told me there is a problem with the pro version so i know now they let me buy something they knew that was not working with my configuration. There is nowhere any advertising saying that the pro version is not working whit rmx console.

Now, i'm supposed to have acces to gold support with my pro version, but nobody qnswers me for a week now ! Last message was just to say i have to wait for a further release.
But when i ask them to explain me why the let me buy this, why there is a link on the dj console rmx to buy a product that does not work with it, and when they think to have a patch ready,
no answer !!!!

So please ignore button proposing to upgrade and wait next release to buy pro version if you are using dj console rmx and mac

Cheers,

Fred

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 11:49 pm
Good Topic!!! Thanks A whole bunch...Ill wait until the problem is solved!

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 10:51 pm
One more thing...does the vdj version that comes with RMX work well? i mean it sure has less features than pro...but for temporary i can use the one that comes with it...but does it work well?

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 11:13 pm
Yes, the limited version works well. But I also bought the Pro version, and I can't use my Rmx with it... this is scandalous.
Can the dev team tell us when the Mac OS Pro version will be ready ?

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 10:55 am
foxinouPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I just received a message from support about the problem with the pro version... They said it will be solved with the upcoming release that will be available soon...
But, yes, the limited version works well... Just one think to said : with limited version, there is no confirmation message when you drag a new song to a running deck.... So you have to be very carefull not to erase the song that is currently played.

Cheers,

Fred

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 11:20 am
I've also just received a message from the support, they say the update will be released within a month.
Nini

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 12:04 pm
with a macbookpro and 10.5.2 the limited rmx edition doesnt work either.... ita says it cant load the sound driver.....
i wonder how can they sell products that doesnt work???????
am i the only one that thinks that this is strange?
the support team told me that it is a known issue!!!!! when i bought the rmx noone told me that i must wait untill there is a fix to use it..... i think hercules and virtualdj are kidding with us

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 5:45 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djmike275 wrote :
with a macbookpro and 10.5.2 the limited rmx edition doesnt work either.... ita says it cant load the sound driver.....
i wonder how can they sell products that doesnt work???????
am i the only one that thinks that this is strange?
the support team told me that it is a known issue!!!!! when i bought the rmx noone told me that i must wait untill there is a fix to use it..... i think hercules and virtualdj are kidding with us

The fix only concerns the pro version because the limited rmx version was finalized after the release of the pro 5.0.7
That's why the limited rmx edition is more advanced than the pro version.

In your case, it's a bad install of rmx drivers on your MAC

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 11:06 am
v5.08 released !

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 11:54 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 12:35 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 3:13 pm
Date: Fri 09 May 08 @ 23:27:51
Customer: djmike275
joust bought it your software says error in the sound driver.......... macbookpro leopard 10.5.2 its your software fault because from windows pc everything works also from my mac with other programs sound is ok

Date: Sun 11 May 08 @ 19:43:09
Teamer: Coyote

This problem is know by the dev staff and a fix will be available as soon as possible.

Best Regards

this was my communication known problem it says i dont want for now to buy the pro version I want the limited that i bought with the rmx to work and IT DOESNT WORK as Coyote says known issue what do you mean bad install of drivers????
i am an experienced mac user for 2 years the only product that doesnt work is virtualdj le where is the fix??????

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 6:44 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 7:29 pm
this driver is the one i first installed hecules rmx they are not new..... although i did a reinstall but the same problem...... the problem remains i ve paid 350 euros for something i cannot use........ and as i said again its software not hardware problem any other solution??

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 6:49 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I had the same problem at first too, in fact nothing worked, I went to the site and downloaded the drivers, and it started working after a reboot, I have noticed a bit of weirdness you have to tick the sound config were it tells you the outputs each time. I dunno why but everything comes to life. It could of been a bad disc bad driver install. Check and see if your rmx control panel crashes when you try to load it. If it does just do a reinstall without the console plugged in.

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 7:52 am
did everything still the same error "error in the sound drive" i tried to test drive the full edition to see if that way my rmx will work and it says the 20 days period is used!!!! and i have bought and registered virtualdj before 1 week!!!!
Nice thing that you upgrade the pro version but the le version must be upgraded also simply just to work

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 11:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)