Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem when mixing with TCVs while Recording

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey, I'm having a problem mixing with my TCVs while recording.

I'll be playing one TCV on one deck and then start playing the other TCV on the other deck. But, before I even move my crossfader over to that other deck, VDJ is recording both at the same time. Totally ruining my mix in the recording. What's up with that?! Why is it recording both TCVs at the same time, no matter where my crossfader is? What am I doing wrong??

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 9:45 pm
Also, just to let you know my set up.

I have two Stanton turntables, a regular Denon external mixer, a MAYA 44 external soundcard. and my Laptop.

I'm recording straight from the "master output" on my external Denon mixer which then goes thru to my 'line in' port on my Laptop.

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 9:49 pm
hi i have the same problem and i think that there's no way to fix it unless you were able to control the crossrader inside virtualdj at the same time with the one in your mixer like guys with a midi mixer do, kinda sux i know :(

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 11:08 pm
NotaDjyet wrote :
hi i have the same problem and i think that there's no way to fix it unless you were able to control the crossrader inside virtualdj at the same time with the one in your mixer like guys with a midi mixer do, kinda sux i know :(

Well, I'm pretty sure that there is a way to make it work. I dunno for sure tho it's been awhile since I've used my tcvs and tried to record. Anybody else have any ideas?

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 3:01 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What settings are you using in the the Recording config ? Is it set to MASTER or LINE-IN ?

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 8:20 am
Hey I am having the exact same problem when i try to record using TCV. I also have to manually start as if i try autostart it wont work... If this is a problem so many people are having VDJ staff should think about rectifying this... like i need to make some live mixes but have bene stuck for like more than a week.

I also think the problem may be that the internal mixer on the skin is set to the middle and that the external mixer cant override it thus the sound coming from both decks. maybe if there was a skin that ddint have the crossfader it would work.

I also tried recording from line in which is a hercules MK2 device but then it told me **record error** soundcard unavailable

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 5:18 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Look if you are that hard up for making recorded mixes then you should really invest in something that can record your mix separate from the same computer that you are playing your tracks on. You can find the iKey ( http://www.ikey-audio.com/ikey.htm ) in several online stores and runs around $125 - $150 bucks. Read the specs of the device and you might even find it cheaper if you look hard enough.

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 6:10 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
thats how i record from mixer master out to line in on the laptop. It records just fine with the vdj fader in the middle. I 'll have to see my exact settings but it should work.

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 10:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)