Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Wireless Cases Scratching sound

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a brand new Dell Latitude with great specs on it. I was getting a scratching sound (alsmot like static on a radio) when I play.
I am using an M-Audio external Fast Track Pro sound card. I spoke with theri tech support at lengh and he asked me to turn off the wireless on my laptop and the sound was gone. When I say turn it off I mean the little button on side of laptop you push backwards and disengages wireless sound card in laptop. Has anboy experienced this??
Is there anyting else I can try?? I enjoy having the ability to download songs while DJing. I still do it but switch over to a CD while it downloads as the noise/static is very noticeble. Could it be a low voltage issue??

thanks guys

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 1:27 pm
vailixiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hi, I'm also using a latitude (D410) and experienced the same problem. I fixed it by install the latest wireless driver and management utility ( from dell support site) and then set the dell wireless utility to manage the wireless connection.

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 5:51 pm
bike245Home userMember since 2008
I have the noise problem when am playing song...

i have a toshiba satellite , with a fire wire sound card roland fa-66.

i had vista 32 bit installed, i did not have the noise problem.

i installed windows xp pro. and the noise problem started.

the funny part is, if i play the same song with media player , the sound is perfect. using the same drivers, the same sound card.

The noise only show up when played in virtual DJ.

ive trying the setting mentioned in previous post and it did not help.....

Can anyone help i have a party this week end i really need to fix this problem

thanks..

Posted Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 12:09 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Try removing or disabling in MSCONFIG the the Dell quickset utility if the newest driver does not work.

Posted Wed 18 Jun 08 @ 4:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)