Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: To all new owners of BCD3000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello
I'm posting this topic to all new owners of BCD3000 controller.
I almost went crazy trying to get it to work, my problem was that after starting to play it just stops reproducing sound, i did almost everything, i even went as far as re installing the vdj software 2 times, but the problem was still there.
Then i decided to connect the BCD3000 to another pc and for my surprise it worked 100% no sound stoppng just perfect, until i decided to playback my mixing via the output sound card of the pc, and guess what SOUND STOPS.
After that i connected the output RCA plugs of the BCD3000 direct on a pair of amplified speakers and it worked again, so the conclusion i get is the following.

DO NOT CONNECT THE OUTPUT SOUND CARD OF THE BCD3000 ON YOUR PC, USE IT ON AN EXTERNAL AMPLIFIER INPUTS OTHERWISE THE VDJ WILL STOP REPRODUCING SOUND.

I hope this can help anyone in the future.

DJ ALEX J
(VDJ RADIO TEAMER)

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 10:18 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Wait a minute.So you are not using the usb connection? I mean what i dont get is that the bcd is normally connected to the pc using the usb-cable. At my place i put it up like this: TCV+Turntable into the bcd, then the bcd into the pc with usb, and the pc into the amplifier.

This way i control my music with the bcd´s timecode feature and can record on the pc. I never got any problems like sound stopping. And i can also record real vinyl through the bcd.

But on the other hand i am using a demo. Maybe its different in the pro-version.

For the record, it is very important to get the settings right, like the used soundcarddriver, the asio-engine and so on. Also asio4all is a very good help. Oh, and if you are using the bcd on a laptop you have to disable the power support for the usb-port the bcd uses. This way there wont be any problems that the sound stops playing. Just check the forums. Everything has been explained to the fullest, just do some research.

Its sad that a lot of people are having problems with this device, cause i never had any and i honestly think that the bcd is the best to get if you wont spend a lot of money. And yes, i did try the mk2. And i have to say that i am more into the bcd.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 7:32 pm
how do u disable the power support? i want to use my bcd but sound frezzes

Posted Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 11:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)