Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: weird crash [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

over the last few weeks i was crashing and i didnt know what was causing this but think i have found what was but dont know if its even possible!

while in the middle of a song my VDJ would freeze without warning - no smiley, just freeze and no music. i would have to restart my computer by long-pressing my laptops power button.

after doing some testing this week trying to simulate the crash (- without ppl on the d-floor!) i found out that the crash only happened when i was using the strobe lights controller! weird? has anyone had this before? ive simulated the crash about 4 times. and its when i press the strobes ON button and twist the delay knob. How is it possible for that to crash my lappy? i get the feeling its something to do with the power set-up of the club?

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 12:48 am
It definatly sounds like a power issue.

Does the same thing happen with a ground loop isolator? It may be a ground issue.

try it with and without the ground isolator in.

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 1:25 am
iv tried getting ground loop isolators but no-one will send to new zealand - so iv had to cut the ground prong off a double adapter and pluged my laptop into that then into a surgeguard multibox - i know its not safe practice but is my only fix. will try it again without the double adapter.

cheers

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 1:53 am
Have you tried running your strobe controller to a different outlet? That might help.

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 10:43 am
Odd... I had the same problem with a fog machine! Only way I was able to fix it was to move the fogger farther away. I run direct boxes with lifts on and still had the problem.

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 1:41 pm
i have changed the outlet and havnt had any problems yet! thanks. its so strange to me that something like that could freeze a computer!

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 6:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)