Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Effects stop when deck is paused

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can we have an option of leaving an effect running even when a deck is paused? This has annoyed me when doing transitions between decks. I'de like to pause a deck, keep an effect running of the previous song, and load up a new song onto the same deck.

Almost all VST plugins that, for example, do delays, they should continue delaying even when the song is paused. Can this be added as a feature in the next version?

Posted Thu 08 May 08 @ 11:10 pm
there are several effects in the pro edition download section of the forums that have a ( loop out, echo out, ect... ) so you can transition from one deck to the next. I personally like to the loop out.

Posted Mon 12 May 08 @ 4:04 pm
i have use all of the effects you talked about but they all stop when you hit the pause button.

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 5:26 am
Your correct, when the sound engine has stopped all the effects will stop as well... There is a "rumour" in the plugin section of the forum of someone making a plug that will over ride and do what your asking. Check the plugin forum for more details.

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 11:21 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
fatkatzdj wrote :
Your correct, when the sound engine has stopped all the effects will stop as well... There is a "rumour" in the plugin section of the forum of someone making a plug that will over ride and do what your asking. Check the plugin forum for more details.

It's not a rumor. You can build such plugin and I have one but not released yet.

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 4:26 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
About that I know that developers are developing new asynchronous plugins which implement what you are asking.
I hope they will put out soon because I'm curious to see like they work

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 6:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)