Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCCD help. Lose control of music on CDJ's after a few tracks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, What I have going on I think was posted a while back but I can't find it, any how...
After about 5 maybe 10 minutes the music will continue to play but I lose control of the track from my CDJ's.
My setup really quick:
mix vibes U46djmk2
2 CDJ 1000's
Pioneer DJM-600
TCCD pro
Everything works fine until I lose control of the music. When I switch latency the tracks restart and I gain control from my cdj's for awhile then it happens again. If I close VDJ, and re open I get full control again for a few minutes. I'm thinking it's a latency issue since that's the only thing that will help me gain control, I can still use my mouse to swithc tracks but is annoying.
I wish I could use my CDJ's to their full potential but not sure how to set them up.
For now I just need help in setting them up for continues control.....

Posted Thu 08 May 08 @ 12:39 pm
are you getting 100% signal when you do the test?

Posted Thu 08 May 08 @ 4:24 pm
no

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 7:35 pm
It's Friday night so I assume all the big hitters are working. It would be nice to get an answer a bit sooner but I guess that's not always the case.
I thought I seen this issue posted somewhere but I just can't find it.

CALLING ALL CDJ and VDJ users, alittle help would be nice.......

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 9:41 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Verify that the Input monitoring is muted in the U46 control panel.
Where is the INPUT gain level in the U46 control panel - like most soundcards if the SIGNAL is to loud going into VirtualDJ it will create havoc. Start with the input gains at about 1/2 or just below.

Now in VirtualDJ - Timecode setup. Uncheck the Clearsound. Open the Advance view. Run the Auto-Config (might need to click it a couple times). A good configuration obviously will show a 100% signal, but look at the GAIN and SILENCE levels where are their positions ? If the GAIN is positioned almost full left then the input gain is still to high -- the Timecode gain should be (typically) about 1/4 from the left. The Silence should be just to the right of that.

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 8:17 am
CSTOLL ok I'm gonna work on those tweaks I also saw where it was recommended to re do the TCCD burns at a slower speed so the slowest I could go was 8x so let's see if that will help. I didn't realize that when the TCCD comes to end so does the music LOL that was scary but I think I figured out how to keep it going just gotta remember it everytime. Ok going to the studio and I will get online there.
Thanks for the help

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 9:55 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
trullero wrote :
CSTOLL I didn't realize that when the TCCD comes to end so does the music LOL that was scary but I think I figured out how to keep it going just gotta remember it everytime.

I remembered reading THIS a couple of weeks ago regarding extending the Timecode on CD's it might help you (thanks to Timmyg for the info).

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 10:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)