Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: soon to be digital dj maybe? soundcard help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

nishyHome userMember since 2007
hi um i think i might go digital but the thing is the sound card what sould i get i have a $100nzd not much any tips for soundcards maybe maya 44 but cant find one in N so im looking for cheapest possible in USA so any tips if i get the sound card i can figure out buy virtual dj after

Posted Thu 08 May 08 @ 3:35 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
If you won't use TCV you can get Sound Blaster 5.1 USB which is around 60$.
If you gonna use TCV (2 stereo inputs), get the Maya 44.

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 7:39 am
i am definately gonna use TCV but is the maya 44 usb good for fast scratching without any latency at all?

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 1:30 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
nishy wrote :
i am definately gonna use TCV but is the maya 44 usb good for fast scratching without any latency at all?

You are going to get latency whatever soundcard you use, your PC/lappy has to process the signal before playing it out, you can't get away from that. But you can reduce it to a bare minimal. The maya is a good card for that, I've seen it run at 2ms on my mates powerful system.

Posted Wed 14 May 08 @ 2:38 am

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 4:11 am

I can't see Atomix allow this. This has to be a illegal copy.

Please download a legal copy of VirtualDJ 5.07 from this site.

As for the Maya it depands which country you are from

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 4:20 am
see the problem is im 14 and just recently bought
1X vestax pmc-06 pro-A mixer for $170NZD roughly $130USD
2X vestax PDX A2s turntables $500NZD roughly $380USD
so i spent $670 NZD or $510 USD to a 14 year old thats a lot
But i have to still buy a soundcard (missed out on m-audio delta 44$101NZD(cheap!and zero latency)
and 4 timecodes $60USD + $25USD Shipping to N.Z. $111NZD (Im getting 4 in case something happens to 1 set)

theres another delta 44 for auction on a NZ auction ste $100NZD so i will wait and see...

if i get that much done i will have spent roughly $900ish and still gota get F***ing virtual dj

also jimmy b i see u said atomix cant allow that so that site i linked is a load of bulls**t and i have to spend $300USD on Virtual dj why is it soo expensive...

i know u can get a illegal cracked version of Virtual DJ off torrents and all that but i dont wanna risk it.

i just want to start DJing soo bad butvirtual dj is soo damn expensive i might have to wait till next year to get virtual dj :( im a bit sad now

help me some how

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 4:34 am
also if ur about to say just buy the virtual vinyl package. in NZ its $900NZD so noo way

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 4:39 am
nishy wrote :

also jimmy b i see u said atomix cant allow that so that site i linked is a load of bulls**t and i have to spend $300USD on Virtual dj why is it soo expensive...

i know u can get a illegal cracked version of Virtual DJ off torrents and all that but i dont wanna risk it.

i just want to start DJing soo bad butvirtual dj is soo damn expensive i might have to wait till next year to get virtual dj :( im a bit sad now

help me some how

I see where your coming from mate, I really do. I thought it was expensive at first, think of it as a investment. but with my Friday and Saturday night gig's it paid for itself with in the first week of me using it out. But I know at your age (and I'm not talking down to you) that money is tight.I was 14 year's old once, many years ago, lol.

I would just stay legit, but the desicion is yours mate.

BTW, Good to see you have started spinning early, keep it up and you might be a superstar one day. Respect.

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 5:04 am
thanks i hope one day i do become a superstar dj
i see what your meaning about virtual dj being an investment i read your blog and see it made you pick up your headphones and set up the turntables again but a different way...
i want to be legit but i just dont have the money to see i told my parents that all you have to do is buy me a mixer,turntables,soundcard and timecode vinyls and you dont need to buy me anything for my birthday christmas and ect.

i have saved up $100NZD and dont have a job yet obviously so i got $100 by selling some stuff i no longer use on the internet (with parents premission of course)

the world is full of pirated stuff no matter what we do i have a PS2 thats chipped and have downloaded music and movies of the internet like any teenager does.

i dont want feel right doing so but its just so much easier and cheaper. i feel sorry for people who do all this hard work making the music movies games and software. its just so wrong but yet so easy

im going to get back on track and say i will do my best to stay legit BUT i might have to do what i have to do to start DJing(i will feel guilty) but when i get the money i will pay straight away and tell you jimmy b straight away i have done so will be clean (hopefully) i promise you jimmy b i will buy the legal version as soon as possible.(hopefully this year or next(Gotta get a job too!)

please dont hate me IF i temporarily use a non legit like i said i promise jimmy b plus all virtual dj pro users i will get legit version as soon as possible.

i put the BUT and IF just in case i do (i have not yet... and hopefully wont BUT IF...

frm nishy p
(soon to be DJ Nishy)

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 5:50 am

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 6:15 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
great attitude nishy, hope to see you with us soon...

Tayla

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 8:55 am
thanks tayla

Posted Sat 17 May 08 @ 5:32 pm
i created a paypal account a while ago
If you are willing to donate money (any amount) to me towards me buying virtual dj i would appreciate it very much and will only put towards virtual dj and nothing else at all BECAUSE
I just wanna dj so bad so im going to do more work around the house and other stuff also including this paypal donation thingy
heres the login for my paypal so you can donate if you want to

--@--.--

so any ideas to help make money for virual dj pro? im 14 so no i dont have a job...

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry nishy no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 12:52 am
oh heres the email so you can donate if you want to my paypal

******.***.com

As much as I feel for ya there is no email addresses allowed from Demo users.
Discobrian24

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 12:54 am
nishy wrote :
oh heres the email so you can donate if you want to my paypal

You little cheeky monkey, lol :)

Edited Jimmy- Discobrian24:)

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 5:01 am
well i tried but if you want to donate to me just tell me because im desperate

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 10:48 pm

Posted Sun 25 May 08 @ 2:57 am
yay i got the m-audio delta 44 now will just get timecodes

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 4:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)