Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: timecodes/signal and sound quality...please respond...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

zero signal no matter what using the SL1 and the Maya44, using vinyl and cd's, time codes both from serato and Virtual DJ. And no matter what Zero Signal(It wont go past zero percent) How do i fix these problems? Absolute, Relative and Smart all do the same. No difference in any of them. Pitch control is off. Im guessing all of these problems of the signal strength. Also using two different pc's with 5.6 and 5.7 on both, The Pc's have more than enough power to handle them, so the PC is not then issue. The Video part Works fine accept for the problems that I explain. I believe it's a software issue. Any suggestions? Please help.

Posted Wed 07 May 08 @ 2:35 pm
Has this particular SL1 box worked before? Is it selected in the sound setup? Is scratch live also installed on this machine? I'm asking because the SL1 drivers have to be installed before it will work with VDJ. Don't know if any of this will help. But I thought I would throw it out there.

Posted Wed 07 May 08 @ 10:58 pm
everything is installed correctly,drivers,software,etc. everything is hooked up correctly also,the video works fine when you scratch or mix,but the pitch is off and the sound quality is bad,almost sounds like master tempo used to sound on some of the old cd players,(real digital sounding),and master tempo is off,i seriously think that if i can get my signal to 100% it will fix all the problems im having and the signal is always on 0% and will not change for nothing...u cant even change it manually like u can on serato,i need to get this up and running asap though,i got some gigs comin up and i need it working perfect....one thing i wanted to add,after playin videos for a little the software seems to stop reading the timecodes and just play songs off the program itself,and that was with vdj and serato timecodes,it seem to mess up when i would load a song and not a video....weird.

Posted Thu 08 May 08 @ 1:50 pm
bump...if this was seratos forum,the problem would have been fixed already....virtualdj needs to get there shit together...

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 12:19 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
sammarrero wrote :
bump...if this was seratos forum,the problem would have been fixed already....virtualdj needs to get there shit together...

And that will get you help won't it.........

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 12:34 pm
Haha it won't help? Well it should if you spend $299 for piece of software. Come on customer service...

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 2:12 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It would help if you supplied some information about the system you are using.

In a blind attempt to help resolve your problem... [And, these issues have been discussed numerous times on this forum]

1. If you are having signal issues with the SL1 box - most have found that you first need to run the SSL program in order to initialize the box prior to running VirtualDJ.

2. If you are having signal quality issues with the MAYA44 USB, then you typically have an issue with GAIN on the Inputs.

Maya44 Soundcard Setup --

From the Config -> Soundcard Setup tab --
Click on the ASIO Configuration button.
In the first tab with all the channels displayed.
Mute the first 4 for Monitoring the inputs.
Set the INPUT Gains at just below 50% (1/2) at about 40-45%. (May need to be lower 30-35% if using TCCDs and Denon or Pioneer CD Players)
Set the OUTPUT Gains at 100%

In the Timecode Configuration, uncheck the Clear Sound option. Use a pitch sensitivity of about 800-1200 (1200 is default, 800 has been found to provide better resolution). Run the Auto Config for both decks.

Now try your timecode, how do they respond ??

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 12:08 am
thanks,ill try that n let u know.

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 1:07 pm
Time code quality still stayed the same (0%),sound and pitch improved though-abs,rel,and smart all still perform the same (wont start the record over when the needle is moved or when the cd is cued)

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 11:32 am
cstoll wrote :
In the Timecode Configuration, uncheck the Clear Sound option. Use a pitch sensitivity of about 800-1200 (1200 is default, 800 has been found to provide better resolution). Run the Auto Config for both decks.

What does "Clear Sound" again please ?

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 4:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)