Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Midi Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone..

I telephoned a couple of places this morning regarding setting up the Technics SLDZ1200 to work with the M-Audio Exponent and they seem to think it is not possible :( what i want to do is use the SLDZ1200 with Virtual DJ i was looking at this mixer Behringer DDM4000 Digital Mixer With Midi but i have doubts this will work smoothly with Virtual DJ. Please can someone suggest a setup that works flawlessly with Virtual DJ and TCCD.

mikejames

Posted Tue 06 May 08 @ 4:02 am
First of all Mike there reallly no true midi mixer out there that is going to have the latency necessary for a scratch DJ. Now there are mixers out there that are Midi comptable, such as the DJM 800, 700, not familuar with the Behninger one you mentioned. Being Midi compatable means that you can map certain functions of VDJ to the mixer. Regarding you Exponent question the salesmen is correct, it will not work http://torq-dj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=704. It will work great just as a controller, and there is even a VDJ mapper for it, look in the download section

my setup that I have is running flawlessly, I am using two CDJ MK3 1000's with a DJM 800 mixer, (with certain features of VDJ mapped to the mixer through midi) I was using the torq soundcard, just upgraded to the Audio 8, and I works great.

I hope this helps

Posted Tue 06 May 08 @ 11:32 am
Thanks for your reply. I am not into Scratching with CD's all i want to do is cue up tacks and mix them using Sldz1200 with virtual DJ if that is possible

Posted Tue 06 May 08 @ 1:15 pm
don't scratch, that's fine what you are trying to do still won't work. As far as plugging your CD Turntables directly into a midi mixer. Plus there are no inputs. Take a look at your Xponent, you will see there are no inputs

Posted Tue 06 May 08 @ 1:59 pm
Sorry i did not make my answer very clear. Yes i know that the Exponent will not work with my SLDZ1200 I am now looking at getting a mixer that supports Midi and will work with Virtual DJ.

Posted Tue 06 May 08 @ 5:46 pm
Any DJ mixer with midi out will work including the Behringer DDM4000 Digital Mixer, a few others would be DJM 800, (I am using this one), DJM 700, Ecler Nuo4 & 5. I'm sure there are more out there as well

Good luck

Posted Wed 07 May 08 @ 11:28 am
Reggie,
I have the same interface as you (Audio 8), I am trying to run Numark Cue with CDJ 1000 MK2 and a DJM 800....no problems with the mixer, but I get the message "Error in the ASIO sound drive" when I try to config my timecode CDs....I have followed the steps here http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/skyfxl/blog4912.html and I get the same message.
I posted this in Numark's message board, just hoping that someone can help.....

http://forums.numark.com/showthread.php?t=2357

thanks

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 3:20 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
DJMikeJames wrote :
Hi everyone..

I telephoned a couple of places this morning regarding setting up the Technics SLDZ1200 to work with the M-Audio Exponent and they seem to think it is not possible :( what i want to do is use the SLDZ1200 with Virtual DJ i was looking at this mixer Behringer DDM4000 Digital Mixer With Midi but i have doubts this will work smoothly with Virtual DJ. Please can someone suggest a setup that works flawlessly with Virtual DJ and TCCD.

mikejames

I'm using an Ecler Evo 5, this works as both a MIDI mixer, and soundcard. What is pretty cool is that if you set a channel to traktor scratch mode, then you can connect a TCD/TCCV device to that channel for both input and output - so on the 4 channel mixer, you can use TC and still keep two channels free, and you can flip between TC and audio mode at the touch of a button so you can cut back to CD/Vinyl if your laptop/VDJ was to crash.

I believe the Korg Zero 8 is very similar, but I've not been able to get my hands on one to have a play with.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 4:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)