Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Why is VDJ still unstable

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Gone weeks with out major problems other than the usual crashes i have now come to expect with VDJ but there has never been an answer as to why VDJ suddenly dissapears from the screen during a gig. No shut down message. A regular tune was playing no buttons being pushed, same setup. All tunes pre scanned for errors etc..... Unfortunatley it has been a case of trial and error using VDJ however i rate the software and continue to use it because simply there is nothing better and it does have excellent support. Having a crash can be resolved via the team most times, but the disappearence of VDJ whilst in play is a pain and wonder if there is an explanation. I have noted that when an external device is unplugged VDJ can close with out warning but this was not the case.

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 7:00 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Chris - you make an excellent point about the world of computers. You and a small handful have reported similar events occurring like the "disappearing interface". The problem is that it is very hard to identify what possibly causes it. There is no clear cut method for recreating the problem. It does not happen in a predetermine fashion. Could be an O/S process killing the application? Could be a number of things. I know that the Dev Team is aware of the issue and we continue to look and watch for what maybe causing it... feedback is good. Thanks.

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 11:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)