Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VV Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I used VV for the second time last night and had some problems. My computer is a white Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz with 1 meg Ram with all my music files on an external firewire drive. My VV setup was: Inputs - None, Outputs - External Mixer and Sound Card - Virtual Vinyl. I have my rig setup to use both VV/Laptop and my CD player. I don't use TC, I just use the VV software and music files on my computer. I do have the external power supply plugged into the VV box.

When I first powered up my laptop the VV box was plugged in. I loaded songs on both decks and went to cue them up in headphones and no sound. I went to double check my Sound Settings and window popped up that read "VV was unresponsive but has restored itself and should function fine. However, when convenient you should restart the software."

I restarted VV rechecked the sound settings again still no sound into PA system. I re-booted the computer, switched USB ports and then everything seemed to be normal.

During the night, VV locked up (spinning beachball). I had to restart the computer as I was using widescreen skin maximized and could not get to the finder to force quit the application. I re-launched VV checked the sound settings again and received the same warning message again. At this point I lost the ability to listen to cued songs on the left deck. I could here cued songs on the right deck though. However, output through the PA system was unaffected. Music played through FOH as normal. I checked my mixing board and cued music from my CD player could be heard. I have my VV box on the same fader channels on my board but switch from line 1/line 2 to switch from CD to VV.

I had a few more lockups during the night and had to re-launch VV and every time I would re-launch VV the above problem would switch from the left deck to the right deck. Since output to the PA was unaffected, I kept playing on.

At the end of the night I deleted the P-list file and re-launched VV. I could still only cue on one channel. Also, during one of the re-lauches, I unplugged the VV box from power to try and reset it thinking it was locked up or stuck or something. This did not help either.

The cue problem aside, I had way to many lockups with VV. I was not trying to play videos just play music. One time I was trying to change the sound effect. Another time I was deleting a sound from the Automix playlist. And another time I was just dropping a song onto a deck. I think I had five or six lockups but can't remember what the cause was for all of them.

Will more RAM help with the lock up problems?

Sorry for the long winded post. I wanted to include as much detail as possible. I really love the software but seem to be having some technical and stability problems. I hope all you guru's and experts can help this relatively new user out. Thanks again!!

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 11:48 pm
Please anybody have any thoughts on my problems? I have another gig this weekend and would like to work on ironing out some of the problems. Thanks again!

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 11:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)