Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: No video display, am I missing something?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have got myself a Hercules MK2 of ebay a few months ago and it came with 'Virtual DJ'.

I've been using it for a while now and its excellent. I'm now trying to use the video effects and when i select one, say 'strobe' or 'sonique' a window comes up but stays black. I have tried all the others to no avail. Even the video transitions stay blank. Isn't there suppose to be some sort of visualizations suppose to appear?

I've gone into config and the video is enabled there, am I missing something??

many thanks.

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 2:15 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you playing just audio files ? Or video files ?

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 8:33 pm
Playing mp3's. Shouldn't some sort of visualisation be appearing?

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 9:33 pm
Ummm, You answered your own question. MP3 are music files that do not contain any visual content. Next, if you got the MK2 which sometimes comes with VDJ LE. You cannot play videos bigger than the small popup window or on screen display so ther is no output function.

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 10:42 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
slamminuk wrote :
Playing mp3's. Shouldn't some sort of visualisation be appearing?

Only if you supply the visualization. The Sonique Visualization (downloadable) would be the only ones available from here. Otherwise you would need to produce/create your own to work with the audio files when you activate the various video effect features. BTW, transitions will only work when transitioning between two videos playing on each deck.

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 11:16 am
JacemanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have also found that on some systems, if you deselect use Hardware Acceleration the Sonique visualizations will not work and all you see is what you describe, the blank screen.

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 1:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)