Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem using two sound cards

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey everyone,
I'm having a problem with using two sound cards, and I'm hoping someone could help me. I use the Numark Total Control with numark cue. I have the sound config set up as "Output - headphones" and "2 sound cards" selected. The main soundcard plays fine, no problems. The second card, however gives me a little grief. I get a crackling distorted sound, it doesn't last long and it happens every once in a while. any ideas on what that is and how i can get rid of it? Id like to eventually use the "Output - external mixer" setting, but I don't want that sound coming over the sound system...any help would be great!

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 2:03 pm
argyxPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've noticed this as well. Whichever card I have as the "Second", regardless of role (Main or Headphones), eventually has popping. Both cards play fine when they are "Sound" in the Headphones setup or solo in Single Output.

Any suggested settings to check?

EDIT - I think I got it. Just cranked Latency up (from 256 to 1024) and it seemed to resolve it. I can even keep Master Tempo at Advanced 3/1 it seems. Anything I should be wary of by doing this?

Posted Tue 20 May 08 @ 9:58 pm
argyxPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Also, re-enabling Safe Mode under Sound Card of the Performances tab seemed to work as well. I just don't like the way key adjust sounds with it enabled though.

Posted Tue 20 May 08 @ 10:18 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
dj e-rock wrote :
hey everyone,
I'm having a problem with using two sound cards, and I'm hoping someone could help me. I use the Numark Total Control with numark cue. I have the sound config set up as "Output - headphones" and "2 sound cards" selected. The main soundcard plays fine, no problems. The second card, however gives me a little grief. I get a crackling distorted sound, it doesn't last long and it happens every once in a while. any ideas on what that is and how i can get rid of it? Id like to eventually use the "Output - external mixer" setting, but I don't want that sound coming over the sound system...any help would be great!

Which version do you use? If you bought Numark Cue or VDJ, please enter your serial here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html
to get all the updates and addon's.

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 5:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)