Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Still loosing BPM's (Not Solved)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I read in another post that the problem of tracks being needed to be rescanned everytime VDJ starts due to losing BPM's has been put down too bad tags on the file.

Well when I start VDJ, I still have to rescan anything from 50 - 500 tracks again because the BPM's haven't been saved and they show as new tracks.

I just want to point out that these are mainly video files, (some audio as well) and none of the files have tags, so I don't see how bad tags can be blamed.

I've been having this problem now since the database system was changed and it has been the same using different laptops and fresh installs with all folder permissions set correctly, so I don't think the problem is solved at all.

Gary

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 8:10 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Gary - how often do you run the Fix, Check and Clean utilities ?

Also, how often are those files the SAME files each time ? Are they ones that are always part of Playlists that you have created ? Do you use the iTunes playlists feature ?

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 8:57 am
Hi,

I use the Fix, Check & Clean utilities before and after each session. I use them a lot more than I think I should have to.

The files are random, yes sometimes its the same, sometimes its not. It can often be tracks that I actually played in my last session. It is pretty random in all fairness though.

I haven't had it happen with any MP3's for about 2 weeks now, but then out of the blue there will be 100 - 200 that show as unscanned.

If I'm lucky, I can sometimes go a week without the Videos needing to be rescanned, and then all of a sudden I will open VDJ, click on my 'unscanned' filter folder and there will be a couple of hundred showing unscanned.

I keep my videos on an external drive with the letter V: assigned to it. It always goes in the same USB port and there is nothing else on the drive except windows sub folders for genres and the drive database.

I keep my MP3's on their own partition on an internal drive called M:

I don't have iTunes in any shape or form.

I only have one playlist created. I'm not a big fan of using that feature.

My video drive database always says its corrupted when I open VDJ, even though I've fixed, checked and cleaned it before shutting down VDJ. (This has only started happening recently though)

The database was built from scratch on version 5.06 as I thought starting again might cure the problem, but it didn't.

I have also tried renaming my Video drive database .old and building a new one. This didn't help the situation either.

Please let me know any other info I can give that will help, as this really is my pet hate! lol

Gary

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 11:07 am
I've just gone into the properties of my M: (music) database and my V: (video) database and noticed something.

There seems to be an extra user in group / username section of the V: database. What is that and where did it come from??

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 11:29 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi that looks like a incorrect or temp user acount , the numbers are the acounts hash value if i recall correctly.

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 2:07 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Gary -

That is the SID of a removed account. Do this - remove that account and ADD the Authenticated Users for the V: database. And on the M: database add the Everyone Group.

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 1:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)