Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules MK2 losing 1 headphone channel after 15 mins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

When I start playing I can use the headphone without problems. I can hear deck A, B, mix, split like it should.

But after about 15 minutes, one of the 2 decks goes silent (deck A). Whatever I do, I can't hear it anymore through my headphones. The speaker output keeps working and deck B, keeps working fine, just like split and mix (I hear everything in mix, but only deck B in split option).

When I reboot the pc, headphone channel A is still dead.

Only after a reinstall of virtual dj, it works again, and I can use it for a while, but then the same problem happens again.
So after a reinstall I can use the preview function for a random time, but then I lose the option to preview, and only a reinstall can recover it.

It is a annoying problem, because you need the preview function to mix properly, and it makes the setup unreliable for a live performance because of the randomness of the problem.

I couldn't find a solution for it with the search function. I'm using the hercules MK2 console with updated virtual dj (v4.3.1). Setup is ok, everything works perfectly (for 15 mins). The problem still occurs with differnt computers (2), and different headphones (3 types).

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 5:52 am
I have a similar problem. When I turn the earphone knob to hear both channels same time ( "a deck playing in each ear").... sometimes it works and then too often it doesn't... this hinders me from listenning to the next tune to be mixed. Absolutely frustrating... cause then I have to go over to visual mixing ( using the sound graph - which is not an exact sience and often make a hash with the mix.. !!!#$%^&^^%%*@
Also: when I turn the knob that switches the channels on the headphones the exact same happens to my live speakers.... so now I'm left with only visual mixing !@*$%#$#$%$% Dogging beer botlles is another extra I had too learn using Hercules MK2 with virtual dj....!$%&$%@#
I run on vista and have downloaded new drivers etc etc etc etc..@~#%&%&&$%&^%^*#$%&@#........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STILL NO FREEK"N JOY... I'm having second thoughts 'bout this equipment !!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry storm lantern no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 5:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)