Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RMX Not detected with pro version

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

foxinouPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hello. I just bought the upgrade to the pro version. The dj console rmx works still perfectly with the version provided on the package, but it is impossible to have it detected on my imac with the pro version. On the sound tab, nothing about the console. I can only choose dj console rmx on driver 1, but nothing about the console in the soundcard tab. On the remote tab, i have a console activated, but it is mentionned it is a hercule dj mobile. What can i do to solve it ? Any help will be very aprreciated because i have a party tomorrow night. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Fred

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 1:55 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
foxinou

i think i was told before i installed mine if i want to use the skins made by format and the rest of the guys not to install the one that came with the disk, think you may have to uninstall the rmx skin before it will see the other skins you may have, i may be wrong but it will only take you a few minutes to find out worth a shot... anyway hope that helps

documents > vdj > skins > uninstall rmx skin

dont forget to register your unit in the modify my profile section, you will need to have the serial number handy, it's on the back of your installation disk cover

by the way welcome to the club, your shout for the first round of drinks...

Tayla

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 3:59 am
Hello.. Thanks a lot for your answer. I cannot try directly because i'm currently reinstalling my imac (i don't really hope it will change anything but who knows ;-) . Did you have the same kind of problems ? I cannot understand how the console should be detected by removing a skin ! But i will try

Thanks again

Fred

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 8:12 am
I received an answer from the support. For them, the virtual dj 5.07 i bought is not compatible with the rmx console.

So, the limited 5.07 provided with the console works perfectly, but not the full 5.07 version.

I'm really disapointed about that because
- there is a link on the limited version to upgrade easily to a pro version that is not compatible (and nothing specify that)
- i exchanged several messages before to buy with support and nobody told me that it will not work

So, i spent 120euros for a software i cannot use on my imac.... It's wonderful !

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 11:31 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
so sorry to hear mate...

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 12:35 pm
(Under win xp) i have no problems with the full 5.07 version!!!!
And also makes no difference what skin i use!!

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 6:33 am
I tried with the laptop (XP) of a friend and it works perfectly too... The problem is only with mac

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 5:21 pm
seth75PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I got the same problem. Bought the RMX and upgrade to the PRO version. They alow you to upgrade but than it doesn't work.
They told me to wait for the new version.... I asked them for a release date and they only told me it would be available soon.

Wel that was 4 weeks ago... If they don't come up soon with a solution I will contact my credit card company and will do my
best to get my money back.... This is unbelievable, in my opinion this is a typical find them fuck 'm and forget them approach.

So support if you read this.... Hurry up with that new version.....

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 1:36 pm
agree with you man realy not the nice way:-(

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 2:57 pm
Hi... I'm surprised to read that they were aware of that for 4 weeks. When they answered me, it was like nobody knew there is a problem under mac os.
And as i was on contact with them before to buy, it prooves they let met buy something knowing i will not be able to use it... Wonderful

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 3:51 pm
seth75PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Well, it works perfect under XP. I tested it on 3 differend machines and only on the MAC it didn't work. I also have the MK2 controller and this works fine with the PRO version on my MAC. But the Pro version together with RMX console doesn't work. The Pro version cannot detect the RMX. It is probably a driver issue or something. Still I am not happy with the way the inform their customers.

Posted Tue 06 May 08 @ 5:37 am
Does it work correctly with windows vista? has anyone tried this yet? Sorry to hear that foxinou, They (support) should have told you.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 7:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)