Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mac version 5.0.7 weird stuff and fixes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey yall,

This is what I got. MacBook Core Duo 2.0ghz 2.0 ram with denon 4500.

I got some weird things to report. First the display on the right channel with time elapsed numbers is cut off somewhat. While playing songs on the right on left channel I get black triangles that appear on top and slightly to the right of the virtual record that's spinning. On past gigs I had virtual's sound cut out using the denon 4500( out of the blue). I noticed that the link light on the denon controller was blinking weird, and I think because how it was mapped it thinks that I am touching the wheel leading to the sound stopping. I don't know why it does this. We need a new mapper or something. Phantom DJ has a awesome mapper but for PC only. It is awesome for PCDJ VJ and VJ. I tried both. Since the macbooks are small enough with the 13 inch screen the skin has to be much larger.

In conclusion for us mac users we could really use some help with virtual. Especially mapping the denon 4500 or native support. If we don't get it soon, then it's bootcamp till things are fixed with the mac version.

DJ Jazzy Jetta

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 11:25 am
same issue with triangles
same issue with sound cut off! (but with herc. mk2)

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 3:20 pm
Yeah,

I have a macbook 2.0 ghz and 2 gig ram running leopard with the denon 4500 with the latest firmware. I run virtual 5.0.7 with the denon 4500 with the mac I had the sound cut out at an important gig several times. If I have gigs longer than 5 hours the link light on the controller once in a while blinks and it thinks I am touching the platter and HENCE the sound cuts out. With the crappy mapper that have it thinks I'm scratchin. Phantom DJ has a awesome mapper for virtual but not for MAC. This shouldn't happen anyways but it sucks and the mac family for virtual needs some HELP and support for denon 4500.

DJ Jazzy Jetta

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 11:26 am
Hey yall,

After some testing I figured out what and when the BLACK TRIANGLES occur. When you open virtual dj and move to the far right into the playlist region and when it opens up the black triangles occur above the left record spinning. I previously thought is was a software issue, but it is simply a screen bug that needs to be fixed. This happens with all of the skins. I've tested them all.

P.S.-Will a email be sent out with any new plugins or updates for mac? Or do we have to check the site every week or click updates inside of virtual?

Dj Jazzy Jetta

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 9:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)