Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CUE 5.07 Tempo Pitchy

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey what's up!

I was wondering what would be the best Master Tempo settings when adjusting the options for my Mac? Anyone with anything similar feel free to hop on this one. The reason this question is coming up is because I've run into some weird artifacts and sounds at times, when I have CUE moved up all the way to "Best Quality" mode. When I adjust the pitch for a song let's say make one a tad faster so it can match the tempo of the song coming up (and the same happens when I mix down as well) I hear some pitchiness at times when the song is playing normally without any other tracks currently being played. I have the CUE settings all the way up on performance and my activity monitor states there's plenty more for CUE to attack. I have the Master Tempo currently set to advanced and Complexity at 3 and the Spatialization set to 0 which are the standards for "Best Quality". Is there anything I can do to help this situation?

Here's my specs:
---------------------
MacBook Pro Running Mac OS X 10.5.2
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Thanks,
DJ Apocalypse7

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 12:44 am
I forgot to add another symptom I receive when changing the pitch. It also sometimes all sounds like the track skips. This is just me using the program itself without any hardware but my computer and audio interface so its not like I'm causing the skipping.

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 12:53 am
Other DJ programs I use have not had the same results as yours has:
--------------------------------
MixMeister Fusion 7.2.5
Traktor DJ Studio 3
Scractch Live 1.8.1

So it kinda leaves me wary about using live at the clubs where little nuances can REALLY be heard.

-A7

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 12:57 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Carlos , hows it going in sunny florida.

Are you still just using the macs internal soundcard or are you using the sound interface you showed me before.

Try grabbing a DJ.io to see if thats any better it performs quite well usually and will be even better when the driver is complete.

It is difficult to get the built in one working at top settings.

probably best if we talk some more about this on skype.

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 2:17 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
one thing i would suggest is going to config > codecs and try setting the default for mp3 to quicktime audio decoder.

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 6:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)