Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Auto-Play...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings DJ's.

I've been using Virtual DJ for about 6 Months now. I really like, but I know I'm not using 10% of it's capabilities. I hope to learn more over the next few weeks. For example, if I had two sound cards, might I be able to use a headset to preview tracks? What about control external decks. It looks like all of that is built into the software, but I don't know how to make that all work..

I guess, for the moment I would really love to know how to get VDJ to process a playlist. I am DJ'ing a party on Friday where I don't really have to be an active DJ for a change. Basically, I'd like to put a playlist together ahead of time and just push play at the start of the evening and have the software play one track after another, as if using a traditional media player like winamp or, dare I say, Winblows Media Player. It seems like the auto-mix feature is a step in the right direction. However, I don't need entry or exit points. A few seconds of fade, out and in, would be nice, but not necessary since most tracks have a recorded fade.

I know this question seems to be quite common on the board, especially for us newbies, but I did search around and didn't come up with any sort of solid answer.

Thanks a bunch!

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 2:24 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 2:48 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I thought the Demo version was for only 20 day's.............6 months, that's good goin, LOL

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 4:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)