Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: External Vinyl Control is disconnecting by itself

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007
External vinyls are disconnecting by themselves during a video DJ set, randomly, approximately every 15-30 min.
Here you can see it recorded on the video.

I also wanted to say that this problem is going on since VDJ v4.3, on to VDJ v5rev7
VDJ v4.2 doesn't have that problem.

I have tried multiple time to explain my problem, but no luck for a year now
(4.3 went out like year ago, just when I bought the license and started with my video gigs).

As time passed I crossed over
- from a PC to a laptop (problem remained),
- from XP to Vista (problem remained),
- from Behringer BCD-2000 to Hercules RMX (problem remained)

So I am asking for a XXXXX time: Is there a solution to this problem, bug or whatever it is????
Somebody, please help.

Posted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 3:23 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Its because you are using Serato vinyls it is not ideal at this stage you need for best results VDJ/Numark Vinyls.

Or wait for a improved SLL timecode plugin which is currently being made by a user.

Posted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 4:33 pm
Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007
skyfxl wrote :
Its because you are using Serato vinyls it is not ideal at this stage you need for best results VDJ/Numark Vinyls.

Or wait for a improved SLL timecode plugin which is currently being made by a user.

I asked once before and the answer was negative: Can you guarantee me that? Can you put your money, where you mouth is? (no offense)

It's not that easy to get VDJ or Numark vinyls, not like u can buy them in a DJ shop..
But I am also pretty sure that someone who had VDJ vinyls had the same problem (here on the forum).
And also why VDJ 4.2 didn't have that issue at all??????

Posted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 4:44 pm
i have the vdj vinyl and still have the same problem...

Posted Thu 08 May 08 @ 2:05 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The fact to check and uncheck "safe mode" only reset the VirtualDJ sound engine. That's why it works again.

The first problem here is that you are using Serato vinyl which is not fully recognized by VirtualDJ yet. So obviously you will loose the timecode signal.

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 11:32 am
THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM EVERYONE IS HAVING. WONT SOMEONE TELL US WHY WE KEEP LOSING CONTROL OF OUR DECKS IN THE MIDDLE OF A GIG> WTF

Posted Tue 13 May 08 @ 10:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)