Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: help with re-instaling vv box drivers and software

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

alright vv people.....i need your help pls, i got my laptop back from dell....finaly...=)...

so i'm going to re-instal everything, ....hopefully it will work this time... i already did a fresh instl of vista and now i'm going to instl all the drivers for the vv box and also the ones for the hercules console.

my question is witch download should i start with and in what order....

the reason i'm sketchy about it is that i havent realy been able to get it working properly and have realy random problems that change...so it's hard to know what it is......it works fine with hercules as just a controler and the vv box going to my mixer ...the problem comes from it not recognising timecode when it should...i've checked all my connections...i've been using it on my dell tower and same problem as i was getting on the laptop but on my tower i have xp sp2...anyway .......off subject a bit...right now i want it to work with my dell xps1330 (witch is what i bought vv for)...

specs are:... core 2 duo at 1.83ghz...3 gigs of ram, nvidia 8600gs gpu ( i think it might be a driver problem with that reading alot of the posts on here) and vista( havent tried sp1 witch i might try... cause it has fixes for 3rd party driver issues and the review for it seem good)....

i bought vv back in jan aprox....it came with version 4.03 of virtual vinyl and the driver for the vv box....i've been trying to get the most recent vv box drivers by downloading the full version of 5.07 and the vv box off the numark website....but it doesn't give you a choice of just the driver, so i assume it just instls the driver and the software with the same instl.

( am i right and is that the best choice for an up to date intl of the vv box driver's???)

( should i also get the up to date driver for my nvidia card 8600gs ? )
(i know they have a new one that supossidly fixes alot of the bugs with vista 3rd party apps but i havent heard of anybody on here try it or talking about it, and i read it was still a beta and people should wait before instaling it although i'm running out of things to try and the pc works amazingly well with everything but timecode....and vv..)

and last question is
( i bought a mk2 and might use the sound card as a back up but will always use it as a controler first, so should i instl the driver for mk2 before instl vv box driver and vv software?),
first time i instled the mk2 drivers it toke away the vv box as an option and i had to re-instl everything for it to be available

thanks for everybody that has helped me especialy skylfx...thanks for your time on this.

Posted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 10:32 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi , first off you need to download and install Virtual Vinyl 5.07 from this very website!

Now ensure you have your latest Nvidia driver for your card be very sure to get the offical one not the microsoft generic one which wont work well.

Now you need to insert the orginal VV CD into the computer , and connect the Virtual Vinyl box allow windows to install it.

Now go to config and on performances set to auto latency and try fastest.

You need to use the 2008 mk2 drivers but please bare in mind you can only use the mk2 as a control element in this setup.

Posted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 4:29 pm
thank you

after reading your post yesterday ...i decided to re-instl vista again as i had instled the nvidia driver from the dell utility driver cd...so i wanted a another fresh instl...

i did ...now when i go to the nvidia website to download the driver for my nvidia 8400m gs....i download the right driver's and nothing happens...it says that the driver is not for that card but it is 100%

my question is should i instl from the dell utility then go and upload the new one from the nvidia website?would there be a benifit in not instl from the dell utility....?

other question is when i download the full version off this site...does it come with the driver for the vv box?

thanks again...hope to put this behind me

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 8:12 am
THANK YOU!!
i would buy you a beer if i could.

it works perfectly and no error messages for the first time...very exiting..
the sound is horible though ..but in the sense that you hear the mouse pad when you move it around, you hear the cpu thru the out's of my mixer...it's not bad where you cant hear the music properly...but it's not something i would use live.... i'll look on the forum for ways to tweak the sound....thank you very much for taking the time...i apreciate it.
cheers =)
patrick

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 7:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try double checking on config > performances

Set fastest , set to auto latency.

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 4:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)