Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Major Bass Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ignoredHome userMember since 2008
I am getting very (I mean VERY) heavy bass from my Hercules DJ console when hooked to my TCV!. I literally have to turn the bass off or very low in order for the sound to be anywhere near easy on the ears.

When first loading of any track (either deck, anytime during the set) the initial sound is distorted, loud and unbearable until I touch the Bass knob in which everything then comes in somewhat normal except the Bass is grossly exagerated to the point of major distortion

The TCV are connected properly with the ground wire connected.

In the config of VDJ the sound set-up tab is as follows... the input is set to 2 timecodes, the soundcard is set to Asio, The Asio driver is set to Hercules DJ Console MK2. Input channels are 1/2 left deck, 3/4 right deck. Output is "Master=1/2, headphones 3/4

In the config of VDJ the performance set-up tab is as follows...Presets=fastest, Soundard=Auto with "Overlock" checked,Scratch optimized for "LAtency" with "Simple Alogarithm", Master Tempo = Fast

Can anybody help with this problem as I will not use the Hercules at until this is resolved...

I am running windows XP SP2. Everything works fine when the Hercules is connected directly to the laptop without the TCV...

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 7:30 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I had this when I first setup my TCV's. Are you using your herc as the soundcard or soundcard and mixer.

On the back of the herc switch the two black switches to "In line"

If you are using a external mixer, make sure the RCA cable's are plug into the "In line" sockets aswell, then choice In line on the channel switches.

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 6:37 pm
I am using the Herc as soundcard and mixer with the switches set to phono. Still major Bass. I cannot use the Herc
I wanted to add a mixer but reconsidered because I cannot get the Herc to work properly. I might ditch the herc and go with a usb soundcard and a mixer or Serato...
What do you think?

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 1:03 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
jimmy b wrote :

On the back of the herc switch the two black switches to "In line"

Try that, and make sure your ground leads from your turntables are secure.

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 9:02 am
Latest update.

1. PLaying VDJ using my onboard laptop soundcard, everything works fine.
2. Tested my turntables with Numark DXM09 mixer and regular vinyl, (no Hercules, no laptop) every thing works (no distortion)
3. Hooked up the hercules MK2 to the turntables, laptop only (no mixer), I got major bass/distortion
4. Removed the Hercules, added Maya44 usb soundcard and still got major bass and distortion. So that rules out the Hercules DJ console

i just want to play music, man...why's it so hard when good money is spent?

I might as well just buy a $6.00 additional USB sound card and hook my onboard soundcard (output) to my amp via a stereo headphone splitter just like the Ipod!

I have a dell latitude 510, 1.5ghz processor with 1.5 gb or Ram and 10gigs of hard space. I disable all internet access and any other processes eating up the cpu.

What other tests can I do to figure out what's going on? I cannot be only guy having this problem?

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 7:26 pm
What version of VirtualDJ are you using?

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 7:36 pm
V4.3

I contacted Dell and they sent me some USB updates...

I hooked up the Hercules without using the Turntables or external mixer and still got a lot of distortion using the RCA output connection, however, I then used the Master output from the small output connector (not RCA) on the back and everything worked fine through my amp.

So then I tried my Maya44 as the soundcard (no turntables or mixer) and everything still worked fine using the RCA cables.

So then I added the Turntables, timecoded vinyl and it got a little distorted with the Maya 44 using the RCA cables.

I then added my Numark DXM09 mixer and also using the Maya44 and everything went back to major distortion...

Am I missing something or shall I just give up and go another route?

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 3:07 pm
You might begin by registering your pro version and getting the latest update. Have you tried the version that came with your MK2 to test?

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 1:08 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dell latitude 510, 1.5ghz processor with 1.5 gb or Ram and 10gigs of hard space -- could be a USB Port issue considering the age of your system.
Also, it is could be a latency issue and a configuration issue of the INPUT volume levels being to HIGH. Also, which drivers are you using for the MK2 and Maya ?

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 9:43 am
So what should my latency be and what drivers do I need for the Maya44 and the MK2? Where can I get the latest drivers for each?
I tried lowering the input volume levels in the MK2 config but it had no results.

Would I still be at the mercy of my system if I bought a new external USB and plugged it into my laptop (via a USB)?

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 9:53 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ignored wrote :
Would I still be at the mercy of my system if I bought a new external USB and plugged it into my laptop (via a USB)?

Yes, it is connecting to your system. So if that USB port or if your system has a USB issue then it won't matter what you buy it will be influenced by the system's problem.

Visit the ESI-Audio website for Maya and the Hercules website for the MK2.

And as already suggested -- if you are running a legal version of VirtualDJ then register your serial in your profile. If you are running a crack, then you might want to consider that the crack version is FLAWED.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 10:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)