Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MAYA 44 USB and Timecoded Vinyls

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djklynHome userMember since 2007
Hello.

A friend of mine left the country on some business and recently bought a MAYA 44 USB Audio Interface.
I actually purchased the Timecoded Vinyls a while back, but I don\'t have the actually software. My associate has a registered version of the software, along with two turntables, mixer, and a laptop. Since I already have the vinyls, I thought I would try to configure everything myself.

This is all that I have at the moment:

Two Gemini Turntables
Danon Mixer
Timecoded Vinyls
Virtual DJ ver. 5.06
Windows XP 2000
MAYA 44 USB

Ok, here\'s the problem. I succesfully hooked up everything accordingly, but when I tried to configure in Virtual DJ, an error window popped up saying \"The ASIO card does not have enough output channels." I honestly don't think the Interface is working correctly. Sound doesnt't play when I select the Interface without an external mixer and two turntables.

Help?

DJ 1< L Y N

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 2:52 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try reinstalling the Maya drivers then report back.

Posted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 9:48 am
Okay, the vinyls work great and I can control mp3's with the turntables.
I'm having problems with the mixer though...I cant seem to control the internal mixer on Virtual DJ. Any suggestions?

Thanks
D.C

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 7:23 pm
Are you trying to control VDJ with an external mixer? If you are it's needs to be a midi mixer. If you have an external mixer you put vdj crossfader in the middle and use the external mixer as you normally would.

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 7:50 am
Yea I am. I believe my friend did with a normal mixer and a soundcard and still kept the party moving. I had it controlled at one point though...without the MAYA44 USB...so...yea...

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 9:33 pm
Should I buy an extra soundcard?

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 11:13 pm
If your mixer is not midi it can't control the internal mixer on VDJ. You don't need another soundcard and you really don't need to control the mixer on VDJ. The external mixer most likely is better quality in terms of eq, crossfader, etc. The main benefit of a midi mixer is the ability to control effects and video crossfader with a mixer vs. mouse.

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 9:51 am
Ok. I'm guessing the way I have the external mixer setup is incorrect.The peak meters on the mixer light up, but I still have no control of the volume or crossfader....

Is there a setup for the mixer to my laptop?

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 3:46 pm
Here's the setup. There is also a sticky in the hardware forum that shows a diagram for setting up TCV.

Maya connected via usb to computer. Turntables (2 RCA plugs for each) connect to the Maya input 1&2. Then out of the Maya 3&4 channels you run two RCA wires to your mixer left and right channel inputs. The master out of your mixer goes to your amp. You select the appropriate option under configuration (the one that shows two tt's and an external mixer)

Posted Wed 07 May 08 @ 10:33 am
Alright...I'm not getting quality sound....Although I get great sound when I plug my line from USB to the amp...

Posted Wed 07 May 08 @ 9:36 pm
djklyn wrote :
Alright...I'm not getting quality sound....Although I get great sound when I plug my line from USB to the amp...

Are you still using VDJ to play the mp3 when you have it set up like that? Are you still using the Maya soundcard to plug into the amp?

Posted Thu 08 May 08 @ 10:48 am
Yea, I am. I'm only doing that because when I hook up my mixer to my amp it sounds scratchy...

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 11:50 am
Any suggestions...I'm lost...

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 9:40 pm
Can you play vinyl, cd or tape through the mixer without using VDJ? What does it sound like? Seems like you might have a problem with your mixer. What version of VDJ are you using?

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 9:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)