Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please help me with the set-up!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

farahm2Home userMember since 2008
Okay, i bought a turntable and a mixer. I connected the turntable to the mixer with the RCA red and white cable. From the mixer, i took another RCA red and white cable, hooked that on to a converter, and hooked it into the line-in of my computer. I opened Virtual DJ and set it up so that there is one turntable and an external mixer. And i set the sound driver to the ASIO thing. But now, nothing is happening. When i move the cross fader on my mixer, it doesn't move in Virtual DJ. I was wondering why this was happening. Right now, i currently have NO timecoded vinyl. There is nothing on the platter of my turntable except for a slipmat. Is this the problem? I'm pretty sure i should be able to see the cross fader and the gain levels on Virtual DJ movie, when i actually move them on my mixer. Whats going on here? Please Help!

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 5:47 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
That is because your mixer is probably not a midi mixer. I say probably because we do not know the make and model of it. Also please list your system specs and register your copy of VDJ.

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 6:02 pm
farahm2Home userMember since 2008
my virtual dj is already reigstered. I am using a NuMark DM 1050 mixer and a Gemini TT-02 turntable. I have a question, how do i configure the mixer and the turntable with Virtual DJ. When i buy the timecoded vinyl, and use it on the turntable and mixer, is everything going to work properly with Virtual DJ? because thats my main concern. I have no way of actually knowing if my mixer is broken or not, because i cant test it or anything. The lights on the mixer go away when i insert my headshell on my turntable. Would i be able to use this mixer at ALL with virtual DJ?

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 6:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)