Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ 5.07 working on mac with denon DN-HC4500 and aac files?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

imacaluPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi Guy's am a new enthousiast virtual DJ lover. Saw it today for the first time from a colleague DJ on a windows XP os with a new denon DN-HC4500.
Amazing!
I would like to buy a denon DN-HC4500 and virtual DJ also.
within a few weeks me friend gives me the change to borrow his denon DN-HC4500 and pc.
Quit sure i will like to buy the combination afterwards for myself.
But i am a mac user.
Will the combination work?
How to setup the denon DN-HC4500 with virtual DJ on my new imac with OSX leopard 10.5.2, Will it be difficult?
Do i have to use the Audio MIDI Setup application from OSX itself?
Besides mp3 files, Can i use all my AAC (.m4a) files and maybe also apple lossless and AIFF files?

waiting excited for answer.

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 4:44 pm
hm, no posting yet. :-(

well, meanwhile i took soms decissions. i bought a denon DN-HC4500 a few day's ago and virtual DJ day before yesterday.
the combination works great!... but only on windows XP (in apple's bootcamp)... :-(
nevertheless, congratulations virtual DJ developers!
you even supported apple's AAC(.m4a) and apple lossless files i discovered when setting up in windows XP.

But since I didn't buy a Mac to work in windows and buy virtual DJ to work in windows, i wonder if somebody here can explain to me how i can work with virtual DJ and the DN-HC4500 controller in MacOSX leopard.

regards

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 11:42 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry no way to tell it has not been tested before this unit on mac as far as i am aware it should be possible to map it via general midi please let us know how it goes.

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 1:58 pm
thanks for replying.

You suggest me to map it via general midi? First, i have no idea how to 'map' and second, even if i would know how to 'map', i believe that means i would have no information at all on the Display's of the denon DN-HC4500 controller, only (some) buttons would work, isn't it? :-(

In the remote Control settings of virtual DJ under windows, i could activate the Denon HC4500. In the remote settings on macOSXLeo there is no denon HC4500 to activate.
I thought virtual DJ would work exactly the same under windows and Mac.
Is it only a matter of time when i will be able to activate the Denon HC4500 under Macosx, just like in windows?

Click to enlarge:

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 2:20 pm
okay, denonsupport sent me to you and somebody else here from virtual DJ support sent me to denon for the latest drivers. i am getting confused.

see this link:
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/display.html?Folder=1209580034

now tell me, who is responsible for making the driver i can select in the remote settings of virtual DJ under windows and which is not there to select under MacOSX?`:-)

i made a comparing screenshot from the remote settings under windows and MacosX:

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 4:07 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi this controler has not been supported yet on mac so no drivers would help..

It hopefully will be added in the next version.

You will need to use the general midi mapping function to manually map your controler.

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 5:14 pm
okay, thanks, now it's clear. The controller is not upported yet on Mac by virtual DJ. I don't have to contact the support service from denon again. It has nothing to do with them.

'hopefully it will be added in a next version' you wrote.
That sounds like it can be a long time before there will be mac support for the DN-HC4500 or even never...
:-(
But gimme a little hope, when is new version of virtual DJ expected, more or less?

regards

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 6:41 am
one more thing, if i figure out how to map my denon, while waiting for mac support from virtual DJ, will i have anything on my displays? Or only some working buttons?

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 7:23 am
Whats up guys!
I just wanna know if my Herscules DJ console RMX is fully compatible with Virtual DJ Pro.... looks very promising?
The DJ Console RMX came bundle with Virtual DJC which sucks and doesn't have too many options if any.
Does virtual DJ allow for scratching mp3/Video on the fly without having to push a scratch button or engage a scratch mode?
Also where can I find the system requirements for a MacBook set-up?
Thanx

Super Notch
MacBook 2.16 GHz 2 GB Ram
Oxygen 8 Keyboard
Hercules DJ Console RMX

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 1:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)