Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help with timecode and audio cds

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello,i'm John and i'm a new member here...
i've got a question about timecode cds and this set up...
Let's say that i've got a laptop(vdj for dj software),a maya44 usb sound card,a mixer(djm600) and 2 cd players(pioneer cdj200) and i play in a club with timecode cds and the other dj of the club plays with audio cds...It's time for me to end my djset and the other guy is ready to play his music...While we have a track on air from the left cdj200 and the right cdj is "down",is it possible to eject the timecode cd from the right(not on air track) cdj and put in that cdj a normal audio cd?and after that continue playing with the cdjs using only audio without using the laptop...off curse the laptop will keep working as we need the usb card...
i wanna do this because since i bought my laptop i haven't burnt any cds and i'm gonna play after 1 year...and there are so many tracks,so little time(about 3 weeks...)!
THANX IN ADVANCE.....

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 12:13 pm
anyone?i can't find an answer...and i don't have cd players and mixer to try it...

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 7:38 am
First of all welcome to the VDJ. If you are new please register your software that is really important. The Maya is bascially a low budget soundcard and does not have the option switching from VDJ to normal CD's, I would recommend upgrading your soundcard when you are able to. But in the mean time you can use "Y" adapters http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/dams/blog738.html

Good luck

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 5:10 pm
man thanx a lot!
if it finally work,i will buy you the tickets to greece to have a drink in the bar i'm gonna work!LOL!
Anyway,what sound card do u recomend?because i was ready now to go to a shop here to buy maya44!(i thought i would be lucky and make it work...)
do u know any soundcard that supports this function(timecode cds to audio cd's and backwards)?
if i buy maya44 wiil it work with these y adapters?(or i will have to change cables)
for many reasons i just wanna avoid any problem that will cost me my residency,but basically because i have worked hard for years to make it happen and i am one step far from that...and i'm not gonna be ready 100% for the opening if i have to burn all the tracks to cds...
THANX AGAIN MAN!U send me hope while i was freakin' out...
(i will register man asap[at this moment i am completely lost])

Posted Sat 26 Apr 08 @ 7:12 am

Posted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 6:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)