Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Unable To Minimize VDJ Safely.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just reinstalled my system (Inspiron 5150 3.2GH 2GB) it was running fine without this bug before, but I had to install a new HDD. All seems to work fine until i go to minimize VDJ, after minimizing VDJ, no matter what i click on the screen afterward, gets ignored, and the mouse pointer is moved to the centre of the screen!

I also noticed that this problem only seems to happen when I have video active in VDJ on the second output. If i leave VDJ maximized, and click Internet Explorer from the task bar, it seems to reset the video output, stopping all plugins, then briefly shows "LOADING" before just showing the video again, without any plugins.

This is most annoying, as I cant do anything alse on the laptop while VDJ is running.

I remember seeing another issue about Minimize here somewhere, but search didnt seem to show it up, so anyone got any ideas that may help.

Thanks

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 3:35 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yup;

Run the main VDJ window (the one with the browser, not the video output, everyone always seems to get confused here!) as a normal window, not maximized. You can then drag the window to the position it would be when maximized, and assuming your skin is the right screen resolution it will look identical.

This will then allow you to minimize and restore perfectly :)

Regards,

Scott

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 5:44 am
You Friggin Beauty! That did it, and explains why it didnt to it before. All a had to do was hover over the skins grab point, and when it didnt change to drag, I knew it was maximized, it was always a window before.

Thanks Scott!
=))))

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 7:09 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Hehehe, no worries Kym, I always run as a window as well - people often send me things via bluetooth to put up on the screen etc, so it's handy to be able to access the task bar, as well as switching to other apps such as DMX Control...

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 8:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)