Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with TCV's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,
I have 2 Numark tt500's, 1 Pioneer DJM400 connected to a maya44 usb which runs into my laptop which is an Asus X-50 with 2GB RAM, Core 2 Duo T5450 and ATI HD2400 graphics. I have recieved a pair of Virtual DJ Timecoded Vinyls and i have set everything up correctly to the guides and videos I've seen on Youtube. I am having problems because there is lots of hissing and crackling in the background, even when nothing is playing and when a song is beening played on 1 turntable its seens to be very loud and distorted. I have lowered the gain and volume within Virtual DJ which seems to help slightly. The other turntable wont play at all. When i try to play a song it sounds as if the song is being played backwards and forwards very quickly by its self. So i was hoping someone could help me with the buzzing and hissing and how to get the other turntable to work.

Many thanks in advance,
Matt

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 5:44 pm
Okay, I have cahnged my setup to see if the timecodes work any better. I have plugged the maya44 into my Numark tt1650 and DM950 mixer and now both turntables work! Also the levels seem a little less distorted and better quality (not that much though) I am still getting the horrendous buzzing and humming through my speakers though. I could try and record a clip of what the buzzing sounds like and someone may be able to identify what the problem could be (the buzzing sound is exactly the same on the tt1650 setup as it is on the tt500 setup) I was wondering if the grounding of the turntables could be to blame? As i currently ground them like usual, to the mixer. Please, if anyone could help me i would be most greatfull!

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 9:53 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In timecode advance config, what does your timecode signal look like. You may have to adjust the gain or silence slider. Also do you have the right items muted on the Maya soundcard....the first four sliders, I believe they are labeled monitor 1-4. You can adjust the input and output to about 3/4's on the Maya config screen as well.

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 1:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)