Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems I'm getting with Hercules RMX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

leenoHome userMember since 2008
Dunno if anyone can offer any advice?

Problems I'm getting since getting the RMX are as follows..

-Sound lag. When I do anything from cueing a track, scratching, chopping etc there is a slight sound delay. Very annoying. Don't know if I can change settings or its my PC?

-When I turn the volume up the sound cuts and goes muffled. I've found since installing the RMX it actually cut all music out to a muffled sound not just when using the RMX.

-Sound is very low when linking to my stereo system. Been told to use 1/4 Jacks instead which Im yet to purchase but why is the sound so low with phono's? Its not a PA system only a stereo!

The other things that I find a bit of a bummer is with the LE version of VDJ you get with the unit you have to keep swapping over the speakers wires to listen to music.

I'm going to give the Hercules helpdesk a ring at the weekend but thought I would ask on here to see if it saves me a phonecall.

Any advice??

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 1:24 pm
Hello Leeno,

Quote :
Sound lag. When I do anything from cueing a track, scratching, chopping etc there is a slight sound delay. Very annoying. Don\'t know if I can change settings or its my PC?

Please precise your complete computer configuration: PC brand and model, CPU, RAM, operating system and service pack.

Quote :
When I turn the volume up the sound cuts and goes muffled. I\'ve found since installing the RMX it actually cut all music out to a muffled sound not just when using the RMX.

I don\'t understand what you mean.
What do you call turn the volume up, where do you turn it up, do you mean
- change the volume on DJ Console Rmx control surface faders,
- or change the volume in DJ Console Rmx headphones volume knob,
- or change the volume on DJ Console Rmx control panel (software panel),
- or change the volume on Windows Mixer,
- or change the volume on your speakers ?
What is the muffled sound you play not just when using the RMX (which software, which volume controller, on which output device...)

Quote :
Sound is very low when linking to my stereo system. Been told to use 1/4 Jacks instead which Im yet to purchase but why is the sound so low with phono\'s? Its not a PA system only a stereo!

Please describe which device you connect to which device, and which result you expect, and what is the result which doesn\'t meet your expectations? Connecting the DJ Console Rmx to you stereo system doesn\'t imply using phono: connecting DJ Console Rmx to your stereo system means connecting DJ Console Rmx output 1-2 to a line input in your stereo system, so your mention of low phono is confusing.
In case you connect a turntable to a phono input on DJ Console Rmx, you should use on your turntable cartridges with a strong output voltage, as Shure M44-7 (9.5mv) or Ortofon Concord Q.Bert (11 mv),
http://ortofon.arkena.dk/disco/
http://www.shure.com/ProAudio/Products/DJPhonoCartridgesAndNeedles/us_pro_M44-7_content
If your turntable cartridge output level is over 6mv, you can adjust the input volume of this phono source on DJ Console Rmx with the gain buttons on DJ Console Rmx deck. If your turntable cartridge has an output level below 5.5mV, this level is too low (the cartridges I have seen below 5.5mv are not for DJing), and you should
- either replace your cartridge (you should find Shure M44-7 in any DJ store)
- or connect between the turnable output and DJ Console Rmx line input a phono preamplifier (as Behringer Microphono PP400, http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/8527)

Quote :
The other things that I find a bit of a bummer is with the LE version of VDJ you get with the unit you have to keep swapping over the speakers wires to listen to music.

Please describe more precisely what you want to do and what you cannot do. If you mean you want to play the sound on your computer integrated speakers (which is what I think I remember from another post from you on this forum, but it may be a message from someone else), then
- if your computer has a stereo line input, you can loop DJ Console Rmx output 1-2 to your computer line input (with a dual RCA male to jack 1/8\" stereo male cable) in order to play DJ Console Rmx output 1-2 sound in your sound card which will play it in your computer integrated speakers,
- and if the computer has no line input, you cannot use your inegrated speakers with VirtualDJ 5 DJC + DJ Console Rmx.

Quote :
I\'m going to give the Hercules helpdesk a ring at the weekend but thought I would ask on here to see if it saves me a phonecall.

You can also send emails to Hercules helpdesk on http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=email, but you must describe with details what you want to do and what you do to get useful answers, otherwise you will only receive questions to your questions :-).

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 10:25 am
leenoHome userMember since 2008
Hi mate,

thanks for taking the time to write all that. Appreciated..

The main problem I probably have is I'm a DJ, not a computer whizz or a sound engineer! (so bear with me)

My Computer Spec:

Dell 3100, Intel Pentium 4, 3ghz, x2 512 RAM, Windows XP, Dunno what service pack???

Quote :
What do you call turn the volume up, where do you turn it up, do you mean
- change the volume on DJ Console Rmx control surface faders,
- or change the volume in DJ Console Rmx headphones volume knob,
- or change the volume on DJ Console Rmx control panel (software panel),
- or change the volume on Windows Mixer,
- or change the volume on your speakers ?
What is the muffled sound you play not just when using the RMX (which software, which volume controller, on which output device...)

When I turn my speakers up. Its strange, seems ok now but was cutting out all day yesterday.

Quote :
Please describe which device you connect to which device, and which result you expect, and what is the result which doesn\'t meet your expectations? Connecting the DJ Console Rmx to you stereo system doesn\'t imply using phono: connecting DJ Console Rmx to your stereo system means connecting DJ Console Rmx output 1-2 to a line input in your stereo system, so your mention of low phono is confusing.
In case you connect a turntable to a phono input on DJ Console Rmx, you should use on your turntable cartridges with a strong output voltage, as Shure M44-7 (9.5mv) or Ortofon Concord Q.Bert (11 mv),
http://ortofon.arkena.dk/disco/
http://www.shure.com/ProAudio/Products/DJPhonoCartridgesAndNeedles/us_pro_M44-7_content
If your turntable cartridge output level is over 6mv, you can adjust the input volume of this phono source on DJ Console Rmx with the gain buttons on DJ Console Rmx deck. If your turntable cartridge has an output level below 5.5mV, this level is too low (the cartridges I have seen below 5.5mv are not for DJing), and you should
- either replace your cartridge (you should find Shure M44-7 in any DJ store)
- or connect between the turnable output and DJ Console Rmx line input a phono preamplifier (as Behringer Microphono PP400, http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/8527)

Sorry I totally confused you by saying phono's, like I said before Im not up on my sound erquipment stuff. I meant RCA's (the red and white plugs!)

When I link my PC to my stereo system it pumps out quite loud but when I link the RMX to it it is very low.

Quote :
Please describe more precisely what you want to do and what you cannot do. If you mean you want to play the sound on your computer integrated speakers (which is what I think I remember from another post from you on this forum, but it may be a message from someone else), then
- if your computer has a stereo line input, you can loop DJ Console Rmx output 1-2 to your computer line input (with a dual RCA male to jack 1/8\" stereo male cable) in order to play DJ Console Rmx output 1-2 sound in your sound card which will play it in your computer integrated speakers,
- and if the computer has no line input, you cannot use your inegrated speakers with VirtualDJ 5 DJC + DJ Console Rmx.

Oh I have a line in so I can do this. I only played with the LE version for abit before clicking to try the pro version so can't really remember the restrictions but I thought it was a bit odd to make LE version only work with the one sound card.

Anyway, like I said I need to ring the helpdesk. I would email but think its gonna be easier to ring them as I can get them to explain in simpleton!

Thanks again.

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 11:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)