Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Two really simple wishes.. - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

1.) a rating field..
I realize I can use the "comments" field, but since ID3v2 already has a standard space for ratings I'm surprised this was never included from the start!

2.) a 12 hour clock..
yes, I can subtract 2 hours... but I simply prefer not to do math in my head.. LOL

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 12:23 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
#2 is already possible -- please us the Search features in this forum and the Skins forum.

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 2:24 pm
I did do a search :)
The posts I found said VDJ got its clock from the BIOS??? if it was in 24 hours so was VDJ..
I'll do another search though, maybe I missed it.

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 4:08 pm
Quote :
#2 is already possible -- please us the Search features in this forum and the Skins forum.

Ok.. I did a search and found:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/86533/Wishes_and_new_features/request_yet_again_for_am_pm_in_time.html
No explanation on how to do it.. I did find out that if you ask a simple questioned you may get abused or treated condescendly.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/87474/Wishes_and_new_features/Clock_Time_requests.html
Which brought me back to the first one.

Maybe I wasnt clear :).. I was talking about the clock on the skin, I thought it was a simple request for a future release to have it show AM/ PM.. Without resorting to an entirely different skin.. (though if their are skins that show AM/PM I naturally will look into that)

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/69308/Wishes_and_new_features/Option_to_choose_24_hour_or_12_hour_clock.html
which basically said its the 24 hour clock or nothing..

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 4:31 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
am/pm / 24hours -- Check out the latest MixLab skin from DJ Format

It is now possible to have the clock displayed in AM/PM format. Remember skins are created and maintained by the Users. So if you have a favorite skin, contact the creator to have it modified. Or if you want to do it your self, download the latest MixLab skin and look at the XML for the code.

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 4:39 pm
Thank you, I will :)

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 5:33 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Simple:
I found %hour12 format out

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 9:44 am
How can I make in capital letters?
<text2 font="ARIALBOLD" size="12" color="#FF0000" align="left" weight="bold" format="%hour12"/>

I mean it shows "hh:mmpm" while I'd like to show "hh:mmPM"

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 10:16 am
Installed the Mixlab skin last night.. very cool..

so now if 5.1 comes with a rating field I will be a happy camper!
:)

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 4:11 pm
I thought i read in another post that the rating 'tag' may or may not be in 5.1?
I cant find the same thread that mentioned this..

Posted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 11:15 am
djsonath wrote :
It would be nice if we could change the colour of every track in browser with every colour we like so that it would be easier to find our favourite tracks!

This is why I want the standard mp3 rating field added to VDJ..
Colored tracks would be nice visually, but a rating system allows you to use filters :)

IE: want to find your favorite tracks in a certain genre at BPM 120-126? BAM... use a filter..
Only thing missing is the rating field (which was incorporated in the MP3 ID3 tags YEARS ago.. )

P.S. actually if the rating field WAS added, probably someone COULD make a skin that showed the tracks in different colors depending on rating!

Posted Wed 09 Jul 08 @ 9:43 am
hippydog wrote :

IE: want to find your favorite tracks in a certain genre at BPM 120-126? BAM... use a filter..

To do that, you can use this simple function:
afterwards putting your favourite songs in a folder
click on the BPM field in the browser of VDJ and you can rate in increasing way or in decreasing one all songs. This way you allow to see all songs with the same BPM number near others

Let me do an example for understanding better:
increasing way (first/odd number click on the BMP field)
song A (120.0 BMP)
song B (120.1 BPM)
song C (120.4 BPM)
song D (120.5 BPM)

or

decreasing way (second/even number click on the BPM field)
song D (120.5 BMP)
song C (120.4 BPM)
song B (120.1 BPM)
song A (120.0 BPM)

Posted Wed 09 Jul 08 @ 5:36 pm
hippydog wrote :

sischo wrote :

To do that, you can use this simple function:
afterwards putting your favourite songs in a folder

The filter function on VDJ is awesome..
Only problem with your function is "putting your favourite songs in a folder"
What if I want to see all my favorites with a rating of 3 or higher and a BPM of 120-126?

oh well... :) ... Hopefully VDJ will add the rating field one day..

Posted Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 12:28 pm
I was talking about a folder containing all your favourite songs

Posted Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 1:46 pm
sischo wrote :
I was talking about a folder containing all your favourite songs

Ya, I realize that.. and its kinda what I have done (using a virtual folder).. :)

The problem is I have 'different types' of favorites.. I actual rate my songs from 1 to 5.. and the ratings are constantly changing..

What I was attempting (poorly) to show... Was that putting your favorites in a folder, or colorcoding them, or noting them with a "star", can NOT compete with a good rating system and a filter able to use it..
:)

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 10:23 am
hippydog wrote :

The problem is I have 'different types' of favorites.. I actual rate my songs from 1 to 5.. and the ratings are constantly changing..
Was that putting your favorites in a folder, or colorcoding them, or noting them with a "star", can NOT compete with a good rating system and a filter able to use it..

Sorry..I'm not able to understanding your words
As I'd like to understand what you are saying, Could you try to explain your wish in a different way??

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 1:20 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You could easily use a filter folder to display your favorite songs if you use the comment field to rate your songs:

comment is 3 or comment is 4 or comment is 5 and genre is rock

comment is *** or comment is **** or comment is ***** and genre is rock

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 4:52 pm
JeremK wrote :
You could easily use a filter folder to display your favorite songs if you use the comment field to rate your songs:
comment is 3 or comment is 4 or comment is 5 and genre is rock
comment is *** or comment is **** or comment is ***** and genre is rock

You are correct.. If Atomix hasnt added the rating field in the next 6 months, I will probably break down and end up doing exactly that.. :)

It just bugs me... LOL.. here is a simple little feature, already standardized and incorporated into most MP3 software.. Yet not available and usable by VDJ..

And to be honest... I would like to leave the comments field for exactly that... comments & notes.. stuff that ISNT normally handled by the any other ID3 tag field..
i'm probably a 'lone wolf' on this... LOL..

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 5:11 pm
sischo wrote :
Sorry..I'm not able to understanding your words
As I'd like to understand what you are saying, Could you try to explain your wish in a different way??

Sorry, If you have never "rated" or "ranked" your music I don't think I could explain it in simple terms..

I rate my songs for the same reason I need to have an accurate BPM & to know the correct Genres ... It helps me keep the floor packed, While still responding to requests..

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 5:22 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
hippydog wrote :

i'm probably a 'lone wolf' on this

No, i would love to have this feature too.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 5:28 pm
95%