Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX help, please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

I just got my rmx today and i installed everything as it should be but when i start up virtual dj it says the controller has not been detected. i've uninstalled and reinstalled it 5 times now with the same result. traktor 3 recognises it (although i don't know how to set it up with that). i've already sent an email to hercules support people, but was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and sorted it out? please help as i uninstalled all the software for my mk2 and don't have the installation cd anymore so i'm stuck for mixing at the moment. pleeeaaassseeee help.

thanks in advance

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 6:20 pm
in the computer management there is an exclamation mark next to 'Hercules DJ Console RMX ASIO' and 'Hercules DJ Console RMX Bulk'

does anyone know what this means or how i can sort it?

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 7:03 pm
rmx asio are the files for the ASIO drivers for low latency sound
rmx Bulk are the drivers/mappers and other stuff for the unit itself.

It was the same for the DJC mk1 & 2

pop your install disk in to your cd player, and UPDATE DRIVER from you control panel menu.

Install in advanced mode and tell the serach to start with your CD drive.

I think that should help you out.

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 8:39 pm
cheers for te advice. i tried doing that but it says that there is no software that's better than what i have installed already.

this is quite depressing

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 8:53 am
Try uninstalling, and clearing your registry.

Then reinstall. When the little waring box pops up saying that this software is digitally unsigned, click install anyway.

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 8:48 pm
ok. how do i clear my registry? (sorry. i don't know that much about computers)

also, i don't know if this'll be helpful or not but i'm getting the message 'windows cannot initialize the device drivers. code 37'

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 4:47 am
I have no Idea what that means either.

are you using vista or xp?

cause I'm not up on vista.

to clear your registery - type: regedit in the RUN part of your start menu, then surf around in there deleteing anything to do with herculese, - it takes a while there's lots of folders.

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 11:25 am
cool. cheers. i'll do that. i'm on xp. my computer's rubbish and loads of stuff seems to mess up on it for no reason. i've got so many problems that unresolved. anyway. cheers for the help. i'll post up if i have any luck, or not.

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 6:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)