Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VCM-100 with VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I went to Montreal for UFC 83.......which by the way was crazy.....GSP is the man......Anyway I passed by Steves Music Store, which is on of the best in Montreal, they had the VCM-100 for sale for $549. It actually looks pretty good, unfortunately I was unable to actually try it out but it feels pretty solid, the buttons feel good and it pretty portable, appart from being pretty heavy fr it's size.

Anyway just wondering if anyone has actually purchased one for use with VDJ, and how it is working for them. I am torn between one of these or a Hercules RMX, I don't really need the jogs on the RMX, but I actually have not tried a RMX yet. But for approximately $200 I am not sure if the VCM-100 really gives any advantage over the RMX.

Posted Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 11:46 am
Nobody has purchased one f these yet? I am really surprised.....but then again with it being the same price as VCI-100 maybe its not a good buy, I am thinking since scratching is not good on MIDI devices why go for one with JOGS anyway?

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 2:33 pm
I have one. It works great. Unfortunately VDJ has not released native support yet. The configuration found in the downloads section is limited. You will need to make some adjustments to take full advantage of this powerful controller. As for scratching, this thing works perfectly. It has a nice size surface and weight. Its touch sensitivity on the jog wheels is amazing. Also, if you do buy it (ebay is a good place to start) make sure you get version 2 (rom version 1.2) There are some needed improvements in that release.

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 10:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)