Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: hercules RMX will not work, help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi all got a herculkes rmx thgis morning the trouble is when i install the drivers and it asks me to plug in the hercules my computer does not recognise the hercules and no power come onto the unit.

like on the mk2 you plug in the unit and even if you have no drivers the unit will flash all its lights and the computer will say does not recognise device until you install drivers

well the rmx doesnt even do this.

i have tried using another usb lead, other usb slots on my laptop.

i have tried this on 3 laptops using all the usb 2.o ports

also tried downloading the drivers from herculkes direct

its like the unit is dead

hgelp, do i have a dodgy unit???

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 5:52 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 7:43 am
yep i think your right, im really gutted about this and when i get my refund i dont think i will be going out in a hurry to by another one as this could be one of a batch that are all not working!!!

anyone else had this problem???

back to the old reliable and solid mk2

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 3:28 pm
I'm having a similar problem with the mk2, everytime i plug it in the computer it will say usb device not recognized, after like an hour of tryin there finally i would detect it, is it the version of virtual dj its not compatible or what drivers should I install to fix this problem, or what else can I do can anyone help plz

Posted Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 2:47 am
pulsaruk, are you by any chance running Vista ? I had the same problem when I installed the unit, I had to keep unpluging it and reconnecting it sometimes up to 10-20 times before all the lights flashed on it and it powered up. I then tried it on another machine running XP instead and it fired up first time. I am no expert but I suspect there may be issues with the driver running under Vista, I also had sound problems, (crackling and popping), these disappeared when i switched to XP. The EQ doesnt work in preview in XP but does in Vista for some strange reason.

Posted Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 4:27 pm

Posted Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 4:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)