Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How can I use Numark Cue to play into a club's system?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

0oThis might seem like an assinine question to quite a few of you but I'm having a hard time. I'm running Numark Cue 5.0 on my laptop using Numark Total Control as a controller and M-Audio Fasttrack Pro as my USB interface (I/O). I record a podcast from home and play events from house parties, hall parties, summer boat parties etc...but I'd really like to get a night in a local club. I'm not sure how I go about interfacing my setup with a club's system. I'm pretty sure I could use their CDJs/mixer as controllers for Cue...but am I wrong? Can someone shed some light on how I can do this? It would be a big help to achieving a goal as I'm sure I can't walk into some place and ask to mess with their setup and see if mine will 'fit'...haha I'd be booted out on my ass. Anyway, any help is appreciated!

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 9:30 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
A lot of this depends on the clubs set up but.....all you need is a couple of RCA connections (and of course some AC would help) and you should be good to go.

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 9:55 pm
Simply put...the main outputs of your mixer or sound device plug into a channel on the club's mixer. Adjust your gains appropriately and you're done!

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 12:21 pm
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
You mentioned using the club's decks, and not knowing how to do this.

From my experience, unexperienced "DJ" entering a club and using their own gear better not alter the club's prewired setup. Not even being sure how to hook into the system leaves you with the responsibility to reconnect everything the way you found it or there could be a lot of problems with the other resident DJs and the club owner when their system has problems because you rewired for your setup.

My solution was to use a complete setup of my own and simply patch into a line input to their main mixer .... never altering their setup.

I would highly recomend you ask who is the main person in charge of the booth and discuss with them your setup and let them guide you how it can be worked out.

BTW My rack mounted industrial processor is loaded into a Gator 10 X 6 and filled with keyboard, mixer, processor, mike recievers and a power distribution / surge / filter unit. (should have a UPS too). All this rides on a 15 space castered lower rack that's used for storage. This has fit into every configuration of booth I've worked in for many years now.

You have to keep in mind some DJ booths are just big enough to stand in and often very HOT.

Are you playing video too?

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 9:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)