Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video Card - ATI 3600 Series

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
There's a new ATI Card out now - and it's showing up in some nice new PC's this month. I am thinking of picking up an Asus with a ATI 3650 card. Do you think that I will have problems? I know that there have been various problems with the NVidia cards (8000 series) and I keep reading that the ATI Cards are better to use with VDJ.

Just figured I would ask if anyone might know anything about using these cards - or if anyone is using this card already with VDJ and if things are working out okay.

Thanks!

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 11:41 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok - I guess I will be the first test rat for this card then.....

I just don't see why I should by a set-up with an ATI 2600 because the prices on those notebooks haven't even dropped that much, and generally have the older intel processors in them....

I wanted to get something with the new penryn chips.....and it seems like these notebooks have either the ATI 3400 or 3600 series, or the NVidia 9500 or.....the 8000 cards.

Posted Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 8:40 am
My guess with these new cards is they are designed for direct x 10. So my guess is that if these said systems are running Vista all MAY be ok, but I dont know. I havent bought a new graphics card in years.

Posted Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 12:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)