Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Question about TCCD

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi, i looked around the forums and couldnt find answer to my question, so i though i would post a thread.

Im thinkin of buyin the vdj prof edition and play with my pioneer 1000s. what i would want tho, is beei nable to play with virtual dj and with normal cd's without
havin to take the cables off the sound card and plug em str8 to the mixer

so basicly im looking for a soundcard that supports tccd/tcv and can let my pioneers work as well with normal cd's

is there any sound card out like that?

cheers

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 7:41 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I sort of understand what you are sayin. I Know there is a Bypass feature in the Pro version.

Just looked in the Keyboard Shortcuts, and there is one called Timecode_bypass. All you have to do is to assign a key for it.

I guess, once the shortcut is activated it will allow you to play "normal cd's or vinyl instead of timecoded. Could be wrong though.

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 8:52 am
As Jimmy said it can be done, but the simplest sollution is to use splitter cables, especialy if your going to be playing out. I've never tried the bypass feature myself, but common sense dictates that if your computer crashes at a gig that using the bypass feature wouldn't allow you to play cd's as your computer reboots. If your mixer has convertable phono/ line inputs you can split the output of your decks to the same channel and switch between at will. What you would be looking for is splitter cables with a single RCA male connector to dual RCA female connectors, you'd need two splitter cables for each deck;^]

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 9:32 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Cheer's Timmy,

Now that's a good idea, there's logic their ;).

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 10:48 am
hmm that sounds like it would work

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 11:47 am
hehe, that's the way I've always used my timecode system. The only drawback is that you lose a very small amount of the signal, but my stanton c.314 still gets 100% timecode signal and works and sounds great both ways. I honestly can't think of a better way to go than that, simple and most effieciant;^]

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 12:00 pm
actualy, the bypass feature is exactly what your talking about, thats what it's for, on the vv box(the soundcard ) it has bypass witch is for either tcv or tccd...on the box it has a switch to switch your bypass output from phono/or line, so in your case you would put it to line and plug your cd decks in there, put the bypass to your phono and the output's to your lines in your mixer, so all you have to do is switch your mixer's line/phono inputs to switch between your timecode or regular cd's, the only issue i could see is if you have a 2 channel mixer and all it as is phono/line per channel, i dont know if you can plug the bypass in line mode to a phono of your mixer, but i think it can, cause again the bypass feature is for that....i'm sure they have some type of phono/line converters in there, i use tcv so i'm sure somebody else can answer that.
hope this helps

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 8:16 pm
and also the vv box comes with a power adapter that keeps your bypass running even if your pc crashes ...so you can switch to regular cd's and reboot.

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 8:19 pm
and an other thing...all dvs systems had this feature since the first one...final scratch 1..witch was a seriously sound distorted paper weight...i have it...but you could do that... and cause of the way these systems are built it would be stupid for the soundcards to not allow for you to switch your media...either vinyl or software cause you will sooner or later have to switch between them. hopefully for you it wont be cause of a crash...=)

, <<<<that's the way I've always used my timecode system. The only drawback is that you lose a very small amount of the signal, but my stanton c.314 still gets 100% timecode signal and works and sounds great both ways. I honestly can't think of a better way to go than that, simple and most effieciant;^]>>>>

i dont think it's the simplest and most efficient, you should start using the bypass feature cause you dont loose any signal and again....thats what it's for. i guess it depends on what soundcard your using...i'm sure some cards dont have that feauture but most of the actual dvs soundcards have that.

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 8:24 pm
VV interface, $500
4 splitter cables, $6

Of course with the soundcard you'd have to use an AC adapter, otherwise no power when the computer crashes. The VV is the first card I've seen with pass inputs, the mk2 doesn't have them, the u46dj doesn't have them, the delta 1010lt doesn't have them. It just isn't as simple as splitter cables, one more device that requires power inbetween means one more thing that could go wrong. As I said, you lose a very small amount of signal but not enough to make any real or noticible differance. In the end I suppose it's all about what works best for the individual, the splitter cables works great for me;^]

Posted Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 3:18 am
Right i want to to connect up my soundcard so i can play normal vinyl and timecoded i have got a maya44 soundcard 8x splitter cables and a pioneer djm400 mixer. Is there any chance someone could draw me a quick diagram of how i would connect everthing together? I would really appreciate it! Many thanks

Posted Thu 15 May 08 @ 1:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
just be sound wrote :
and also the vv box comes with a power adapter that keeps your bypass running even if your pc crashes ...so you can switch to regular cd's and reboot.

This is actualy not needed , the bypass will still work even if usb and external power is lost smart isnt it :)

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 11:32 am
Hey guys the Maudio Torq soundcard has the ability to play timecode, and normal cd's just by turning the knobs, no additional Y cables are needed.

Posted Fri 16 May 08 @ 11:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)