Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recording Mic using VDJ 5 and DJ Console RMX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is this possible? Ive tried all the combinations but to no avail...I used to be able to on my MkII so im sure theres a way with the RMX!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dan

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 1:49 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
You need to select the mic/RMX in your PC control panel....if I am not mistaken.

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 1:55 pm
The "Line - DJ Console RMX" is the default recording device in control panel but still doesnt work :( any other ideas?

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 2:04 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The recording options/setup is no different then with the Mk2.

How do you have your settings ? Sound Setup and Recording options ?

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 11:54 pm
Ok on the DJ Console RMX control panel in task bar I have the settings:

Input Channels 1-2 = MIC

Talkover Attenuation = OFF

Audio Mode = ASIO

Hardware Mix option = USB Streaming 1-2 + Microphone

On the Sound Setup menu on VDJ I have:

Inputs = None

Outputs = Headphones

Soundcard(s) = DJ Console RMX with Apply EQ on external inputs checked

Output Channels = Master Channel 1&2 / Headphones = Channel 3&4

On the recording options setup I have:

Record From = Master + Mic

Recording With = Line (Hercules DJ Console RMX)

Format = MP3 using the lame_enc.dll

Thanks

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 4:37 am
It seems to be when it switches to ASIO mode the mic stops working as far as the computer is concerned....although you can still hear the mic on the output you cant seem to be able to record it...interesting!

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 10:40 am
I had this problem with the ASIO/Windows/MK2 as well. Something you "might" wanna try...I do this on my Mac and it works pretty well, but don't know it will work with the ASIO drivers on windows...

Connect the line-level output of your MK2/RMX to the line-level input of your windows soundcard (You'll need a cable for this...). In "Recording Options" choose "Line-In" instead of "Master +MIC" (I do this for shoutcast broadcasting). At least on the Mac, this seems to work pretty well, but I haven't tried it on Windows yet as I never got VDJ507 and the MK2 to work properly on windows at all and just gave up on that front. But it's worth a shot.

Posted Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 7:18 am
Cheers ill give it a go and see what happens

Posted Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 10:29 am
Cheers that works! Dont seem to hear any loss of quality than what I used to get with the MK2 so thats alright! Hopefully it will get sorted at some point so I dont have cables draped everywhere lol!

Posted Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 11:04 am
spc5000PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok - I had this problem to and I was using a second PC with winamp to get around it. Great tip, something you overlook very easily.

One question, I DJ online and use my headphones soley to work with.

How can I get to hear my own voice in my headphones whilst I talk on the mic using the input on the RMX controller, and the above configuration?

The only way I have found so far is to plug my headphones into my amp and monitor via the the live output, but then I lose the cueing features because of this etc. The result is I have to unplug my headphones from the RMX controller and into the amp everytime I wish to talk....

Any tips welcomed....

Posted Thu 26 Jun 08 @ 1:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)