Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Serato vinyl on virtual dj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, i was just wondering if the 2nd edition of serato timecoded vinyl works with VDJ 5. I have seen videos on youtube where people use serato vinyls flawlessly but im not sure if they are using the 1st of 2nd edition. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 4:40 am
FaultPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Well obviously u need a legal VDJ Pro, and i have seen a couple videos of it working. Though not sure which edition

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 7:07 am
KhyewHome userMember since 2008
The Serato time-coded vinyls work only in relative mode, and poorly at that. The Serato TCV carrier wave frequency is 1000 hz while the official VirtualDJ TCV's frequency is 1200 Hz, so the pitch adjustment in VirtualDJ will be slightly askew when using the Serato TCV.

Absolute tracking does not work at all. VirtualDJ cannot decode the Serato time-code used on the vinyl.

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 8:23 am
thanks for the reply...the only reason i was thinking of getting serato vinyl is becuase there is no retailer that sells virtual dj vinyls in australia, or at least near where i live. Also in the video the guy says he tired serato vinyl becuase the virtual dj vinyl skipped too much compared the serato vinyl. He mentioned he only has generation 2 vitual dj vinyls, what gen are they up to now and has anyone else experienced unusual amount of skipping with their virtual dj vinyl? cheers

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 9:53 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you able to find the Numark VirtualVinyl vinyls anywhere ?? They are the same as the VDJ vinyls.

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 11:20 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
nino_dee wrote :
the only reason i was thinking of getting serato vinyl is becuase there is no retailer that sells virtual dj vinyls in australia, or at least near where i live.

Surely there is a Numark dealer in Australia. I just found this on the Numark Website.

ELECTRIC FACTORY
188 PLENTY RD. PRESTON
VICTORIA 03072
AUSTRALIA
Tel: 61 3 9474 1000
www.elfa.com.au

There is no harm in trying them. Ask for replacement Timecoded Vinyls for the Virtual Vinyl Package.

They might be able to sort you out.

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 12:34 pm
Thanks for the help, i actually think its just cheaper getting the timecoded vinyls shipped from this website. My only concern is if they skip easily as someone stated on the net. Does anyone know wot genereation virtual dj vinyl they are selling now and if anyone has had any problems with them? Also with the numark virtual vinyl would i be able to use absolute mode?
Thanks alot

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 9:10 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The Numark VV are identical to the VDJ Time Codes....no difference at all. And unless I am mistaken all TCV being shipped now are Gen 3. Also Nino, if you are using the trial TCVs only work for five minutes...You should purchase a licensed version of VDJ Pro for best performance.

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 9:24 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
TearEmUp wrote :
And unless I am mistaken all TCV being shipped now are Gen 3.

Yep, you're right Terry.

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 11:39 pm
Hi guys i am planning to buy the virtual vynil 5 and i am actually wondering if it is possible to do beat extraction with this software.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 08 @ 6:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)