Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CDJ 400 Can 1 control 2 decks?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can anyone tell me if you can control the 2 decks in virtualdj with only 1 cdj 400 ( By switching from deck 1 to deck 2). Thank you.

Note: The reason is because I have 2 xp10 and a short circuit mess my xp10 and I need a quick fix but can only afford 1 cd player either a icdx or cdj 400. I would like the cdj400 but I need to know that while I get more money to buy the second one If I just can start with one cd player.

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 1:37 pm
bigvodPRO InfinityMember since 2006
you cant control both decks but you can switch from cd or hd mode,, back to controlling the deck by just hitting the button i have the cdj400 ...i highly recommed it vs. the icdj or watever

Posted Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 1:24 am
bigvod wrote :
you cant control both decks but you can switch from cd or hd mode,, back to controlling the deck by just hitting the button i have the cdj400 ...i highly recommed it vs. the icdj or watever

Are you sure?? I thought you were able to by switching the active deck??

Posted Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 2:25 am
bigvod i was under the impression that you could probably control one deck or the 2nd deck by just switching the acive deck as discobrian24 said. Bigvod or anyone else had try 1 cdj 400 to switch decks by pressing the active deck only.

Posted Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 10:46 am
1000mk3 or 400 ?
What you choose and why? :P

Posted Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 8:36 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I own one CDJ-400, it has been my experience that the unit is slaved to Deck 1, or the left player. Sound card wise I only hooked it up briefly, seemed to work fine. I have been assuered once it is native all these issues will be addressed

Posted Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 9:03 pm
VDJ recently told me that patches for the cdj-400s are in the works. If the iCDX can control 2 decks switching between them using the eject button, I would imagine that the patch for the cdj-400 would work the same way, but we shall soon see! I'm sitting on my 400s DESPERATE for the patch so we'll see when they drop!

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 12:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)