Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Color vertical bars on the right side of monitor screen

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i am getting vertical color bars on my screen everytime i play a video, if i deactivate the video hardware acceleration it will not display the vertical color bars but then i am not able to do the special transition effects when i change video. I've updated my graphics card driver, perform a full set of windows updates and it is still doing the same thing. This system is brand new, just resintall windows back on it. My grapics card that i have is a ASUS EAH3850 Radeon DDR3 DVI 512MB pci-e. Wheni run the application using my old system that has a integrated ati radeon 9000 it works correctly... How can i fix this to be used on the new system that it is supposed to be used on?????

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 6:15 pm
This has been discuted before. Do a search for line stripes.

You must be running XP right? the Radeon 3850 it is designed for directX10 (only for vista). Install Vista and your problem will solve. The Radeon 9000 was for DirectX9, so works fine with XP, as well with Vista.

I have same problem with a HD2600.

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 2:45 am
First tell us whether u are usin Vista or XP.

If XP do a search for XP Codecs. I have heard of users fixing their color line issues by installin a codec pack.

You can also do a search for K-Lite codec pack if you cant find the XP codec pack.

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 5:25 pm
my buddy tried installing the application on his system that has both win xp and windows vista. The color bars still exist on his system under xp but under vista they do not show at all. His system is running Sapphire Radeon 2400 Pro 512MB on agp. We tried putting vista instead on mine and now the video freezes, i need to click on the loading bar to make it move and then it freezes up again. My card is on pci-e. Vista is fully updated. If i uncheck video acceleration it's back to normal again but the transsition effects do not work with it uncheck at all.

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 10:19 pm
we have found the fix, they said that the video card is incompatiblem with the softeware but that is not true, when we tried playing around the advance settings and tell the application to use windows media player to decode the video the color bars finaly disappears but when we use the ambiants we need to fisrt reset to codecs again to windows media player and then turn off the appplication and then turn it back on. that will fix the issue. This step actually has to be done everytime that you will either turn off the computer and then turen it back a few hours later or the next day and even when reboot the system. Installing the k-lite codecs actually makes it even worst but we appreciate the idea

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 8:14 pm
Turn your DirectX acceleration DOWN a little.

Right click display properties, settings tab/advanced button/troubleshoot tab.

A hardware acceleration slider will pop up. Adjust the slider down one notch at a time till the green lines disappear.

You can safely turn down hardware acceleration and still use all effects and 3d rotations

I had the same problem with a nivida 7600 gts 256 card (PCI-E) and with an ATI 2600hd 512 pro card (PCI-E). I tried codec packs, changing decoders in VDJ, adjusting performances nothing got rid of it till I turned down directx acceleration.

After this I reset the Video card control panel settings back to factory install settings. I've never had a problem with green lines popping back up since.

BTW
VDJ uses whatever video codec you have selected as the default video player. So If you have windows media player as your default player for video files VDJ will use that codec as your video decoder. I discovered this after I installed iTunes and it set itself as default media player for all files and my VDJ went nuts and would not decode videos it had previously played flawlessly. After reseting default media player back to windows media player that set of problems went away.

Hope that helps.

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 11:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)