Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Still Undependable......

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well, to those of you that actually use Virtual DJ all night long, and only that, I comend you. Once again in the heart of the night when the dance floor was packed, I was playing some songs from Virtual DJ when the whole program just closed in the middle of the song without warning. This has happened way too many times, and now I am a nervous wreck everytime I play from my damn computer. This has been added worry, that I just don't need.

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 12:14 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
bummer dude, we all sympathize for you, its a djs worst nightmare. cant say ive ever had that problem though. worst was on my old laptop vdj would freeze but still play music. that was enough to get a cd out and get the backup going so i could recover. if i didnt have cds, i could use winamp and just fade in lame-ass way. crowd never really notices tho, except other djs who give you the 'what up' look.

you using xp right? how convoluted is your laptop? usually problems stem from old machines, or old o/s that have too much software and havent been cleaned in a long while. djing is an investment of setup/preparation time as much as it is money on music and gear.

you also might want to look closely at the hardware you have. dont know your specs, but good quality sound card makes a huge difference as well. if you rely on this as a business, you shouldnt blame entry level gear if you have it.

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 1:54 pm
Well, currently am running windows XP, I am upgrading to Vista this week. I am using the Numark DJ IO for my sound card. The laptop is a Dell with 2 sis ram, dual 2.2 gig proc with 4 meg cache, 256 video, 250 gig hard drive and I use a 320 gig external. I run the dard drive and sound card off of a powered hub. I try to disable anything that I know I can such as ati-virus ect.

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 3:05 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Hi,

What was the last thing you did just before and when it crashed?

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 5:52 am
Well, it was in the middle of a song that I play all the time from virtual DJ. I think I was just scrolling through some music to find another song, and the whole program just shutdown without warning.

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 10:39 am
jimspinnin wrote :
I think I was just scrolling through some music to find another song, and the whole program just shutdown without warning.

Was it by search, coverflow or tree ?
Do you remember the folder? Can you try to reproduce it. If you could find the song which crashed the software, it would be great for us ;-)
Is your option "ID3Tag" activated ? Comment ?
Do you use Coverflow?

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 12:04 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It might be a skin issue too, which one do you use? I had similar problem while browsing, VDJ stops responding but music still plays. I reverted to default skin and no problem at all.

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 12:32 pm
DJ-ALF wrote :
It might be a skin issue too, which one do you use? I had similar problem while browsing, VDJ stops responding but music still plays. I reverted to default skin and no problem at all.

A skin problem [outdated skin or if the skin is bad encoded (xml speaking)] can't close VirtualDJ. It can only freeze the software (linked to graphic card) or you get a crashguard.

So to come back to the case: it's linked to a song (ID3 data, especially comment field or Cover)

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 1:50 pm
Well, I dont use covers. I do use ID3 tags. I dont think I was searching at the time, I was scrolling through songs already found in the results area. So, I was not is a particular folder. It happened so quik, And I only use virtual DJ for certain things I dont have on CD. But I know that I did not click on any particular folder or song. I will try to reproduce it with in the next 2 days that I dont have to work, I thank you so far for all your help.

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 5:33 pm
vtdjresqControlleristMember since 2007
Hey gang,
I had VDJ crash on me last night twice at a gig. UGHHHHHH, not fun. It just stopped playing in the middle of songs and produced static/white noise. I had to resart the application to get it to stop. Has this happened to anyone else?? Specs: windows xp, regular skin, just playing music, not advandce functions. any feedback would help. Thanx

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 8:37 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
@vtdjresq What version were you using? What are your system specs? Please register your software....

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 9:08 pm
In the future please dont hijack someone elses threads. If you need help please start your own topic. If you are not usin the demo please add your serial to your profile as Tearemup said.

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 10:38 pm
Well, today I upgraded to Windows vista and that solved 1 problem. I can now do video with the transitions. I will try to duplicate the shutting down problem this week. I think I may now what file of songs the problem is coming from.

Posted Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 5:14 pm
jimspinnin wrote :
I think I may now what file of songs the problem is coming from.

If you find it, please send it us in order to prevent VirtualDJ from crashing next time.

Posted Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 6:52 pm
djrob45PRO InfinityMember since 2006
need to be sure that u have enough memeory and cpu the program is locking up because of these issues. be sure u check the specs for vir. dj on the web site. and match or upgrade with higher specs, virtual dj is an high end program that requirers a lot of mem. djrob :) idts not vista even dthough it sucks ha ha.

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 9:46 pm
I have plenty of memory and cpu..

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 4:15 pm
It's a MP3 bomb. Seriously dudes, some guys have figured out how to put mini-viruses into tags so when you download music from the internet KABOOM. Just FYI. Google it.

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 6:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)