Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Nvida Card Problems - Possible Solution?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Maybe someone already posted a solution to this but if not here goes...

Pausing Video after loading 2nd video.

Basically this is the deal. I have a Nvidia 256 Mb video card 8400 GS. Running Windows XP. I install the driver that came with my graphics card. Everything was all good except when I went to load the next video. Like I'd have one video play on one deck and then load the 2nd. On loading a the 2nd there was a slight pause in the video and it carried on. Nothing huge but very annoying to say the least. If I ever wanted to make a Mix DVD it would be a problem that 'd have to correct with extensive video editing which I do not feel like doing. Live play would be tolerable but still annoying. I have went through the forums weekly trying to find solution after solution and found nothing that worked for me. Obviously first thing I did was change all the codec to WMP. I tried the "video fix". I tried the Rivatune disable that Turbocache. For some reason it never changed anything. Still read 512 instead of 256. I maxed out my ram to 4 Gigs. Even tried running it under Vista because card supposely runs more efficient under Viusta and DirectX 10. All this and still the pause in the video. Now I will say this. VDJ runs sweet under 32 bit vista for the most part except for that pausing problem I was having.

Any way I was banging my head against the wall because I really dig this program but I did not want something that would not work. The easy solution you would think to buy a new card. Well not so easy because I have a low profile card and its one of the only makers of it + I see this is a common problem with all Nvidia cards so there has to be a solution - which I think I found at least a tolerable one that I can deal with until whatever the problem is gets fixed with Nvida.

Any way I improved the situation greatly which leads me to believe its a problem with the newer Nvidia drivers. I currently had the Forceware Drivers for my particular card installed. I tried a new beta one and the same problems. Any way I went on the site and downloaded an older driver in the archive and it worked much better. Now I get no pause in the video at all. The only apparent problem there is is about 2-3 lines that appear really quick and only upon loading the 2nd video. I can stand this and I am sure most people can. Any way if you own a Nvidia Card and
tried all the other solutions on here and still having problems with freezing or videos, you may want to try installing an older version of the driver. That may correct it. But do this at your own risk because I noticed it worked for me it may not work for everyone.

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 3:19 pm

I have the same problem on Asus EN8600 GTS 256Megs video card. Tried to solve this problem since june 2007 but no one can help me...

Posted Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 12:42 pm

I'm totaly discouraged. I tried everything on this forum and video STLL freezing. Disable hardware acceleration, turbocache..... nothing works.

I'm sad to discover that I spent 1500$ on Virtual Vinyl + DMC2 for nothing !!!

I'm now ordering the rane mixer and Serato Software cause no solution... :(

Posted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 9:50 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006

Posted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 10:04 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
All I know there is a known issue with the 8 series Nvidia graphics cards ( don't know exact models though ) maybe your's is one of them, and VirtualDJ.

Posted Mon 28 Apr 08 @ 10:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)