Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ok, trying to deicide. Help me out friends! Thank you!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj9ducePRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok, a brief overview I have talked about before. I just bought the newest MacBook Pro (Leopard) and have been using serato on it. I want to use my VDJ on it now.

Now I have read for about an hour and I guess my serato box wont work too good or not at all. So my question is should I buy the VV box and use mac or buy windows xp and use bootcamp? Like everyone else I want reliability. I do only audio now but video is to come. Thanks

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 4:09 am
Hey..I do believe something about an update coming up soon to make other cards work but what I have learned and read online is the mac versions perfectly with virtual vinyl. I myself have virtual vinyl and I have zero complaints. If you would like, many people do use boot camp for windows and that might be the best option for serato box, but Personally virtual vinyl works awesome with my mac from the moment I hooked everything up.

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 6:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dj9duce wrote :
Ok, a brief overview I have talked about before. I just bought the newest MacBook Pro (Leopard) and have been using serato on it. I want to use my VDJ on it now.

Now I have read for about an hour and I guess my serato box wont work too good or not at all. So my question is should I buy the VV box and use mac or buy windows xp and use bootcamp? Like everyone else I want reliability. I do only audio now but video is to come. Thanks

The serato box is locked to SLL on mac osx.

The VV box is very stable on osx and gives good results , i have done alot of testing of it personaly.

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 6:59 pm
Hey Skyfxl, how is timcode? Is it less of as issue? Id rather do it right. I can just sell serato if everything works fine with VDJ. I already have a buddy who is actually going to partner with me that wants to buy my complete SSL setup. Thanks guys.

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 2:10 am
It can work well with other cards using aggregate device mode , but in longer sets unfortunately tracking can be lost but this is aimed for a fix in the next update.

However as the VV box works differently as it avoids the aggregate system this does not occur with this unit.

It is a good investment i use one with a Numark NTC or a DXMPro http://www.numark.com/dxmpro at my personal gigs and it performs well and has not let me down.

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 2:01 pm
Sweet....Ordered the VV box and I will see what happenes.

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 4:00 pm
cool :)

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 4:21 pm
Well I got the VV box and still having timecode issues. The music sounds choppy and skippy, if that makes any sense. I hope I can fix this cause I just shelled out another $500 to get this and I still have SSL.

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 10:06 pm
Ouch...Wish I would have seen your post sooner. I also have both of the cards and would have recommended using Bootcamp and Windows XP for VDJ. That is the only way I personally use VDJ on my Macbook Pro. I do use the VV soundcard but you can also use the SSL box in XP.

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 12:48 pm
dj9duce wrote :
Well I got the VV box and still having timecode issues. The music sounds choppy and skippy, if that makes any sense. I hope I can fix this cause I just shelled out another $500 to get this and I still have SSL.

Go to performances and choose auto latency , go to codecs and change mp3 from default decoder to quicktime audio decoder does this improve it?

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 3:05 pm
ps is the external power supply pluged in if so this is not needed please remove it.

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 3:38 pm
Is there a default audio codec other than quicktime that Cue is set to? I just changed my mp3 codec to quicktime and my song loading times are now basically eliminated...

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 3:56 pm
Also, the QT codec seems to be screwing up the tracks. Within the first few seconds there's a stutter. If I change the codec back to mp3, then the song loads fine. Weeeird

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 4:00 pm
Its still doing it. I dont have the power supply plugged in. I set it to auto and changed the mp3 default. I unticked clear sound. It sounds like when Im playing the song that someone is touching the platter making a slight scratching sound and and distorted voice. I look at my timcode and it is at 100% and then sometimes it will go down to 88% and ive seen it as low as 67%. I keep using auto config. but it still does it.

PS: Here is my setup; 2 denon 3500's, mackie d.2 mixer, VV box and timecodes, and macpro. serato orks flawless on this setup

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 4:01 pm
well I guess its about time to call it quits...I just cant seem to get VDJ working. I guess virtual vinyl does not work out of the box either.

Posted Sat 26 Apr 08 @ 9:28 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi dj9duce, dun give up man. If others could have it working, so will you rite;)

Maybe u can try to delete the preference file then run VDJ again

its located here :
yourcomputer/users/youname/libary/preferences

its called com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist

Regards.

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 4:34 am
im still trying..But I went back to SSL for the time being.

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 5:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)