Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Delay in searching (rev7) [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

why does vdj rev7 have a delay in the search engine? sometime it lasts so long i think my system is gonna freeze!

Posted Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 12:28 am
im also having this issue...anyone?

When i try and do a search it always freezes around the 3rd keystroke of what i'm typing in. The last few freezes have been so long, that i thought my computer froze up...

Any suggestions or thoughts

im using ver 5.1

Posted Sat 05 Jul 08 @ 10:51 am
For a number of reasons with out the spec of your machines more info is required as this could be down to spec, external hard drive transfer etc etc etc...................

Posted Sun 06 Jul 08 @ 6:11 am
my specs are

winxp
2.8 dual core xtreme cpu
4 gigs ram @667mhz
NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT Graphics

no external hard drive, but dont think its the specs since it didnt give me any problems in the past with searches. Its only been since the new version was released, so maybe there is something in the new version settings that we need to adjust or look at.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 08 @ 12:06 pm
Have you gone through and rescanned your files as 5.1 rescans them on load, or even go through and Recurse all the folders this may help

Posted Sun 06 Jul 08 @ 4:20 pm
"Recurse all the folders this may help" >>>>> What or how do I recurse the folders?

Also, last night, i noticed while spinning, I wasnt recording, doing videos or anything else but deejaying with VDJ and tried a search and the CPU meter went thru the roof at the 3rd keystroke...it actually froze for a few seconds during this cpu jump.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 08 @ 10:12 am
I know exactly what your talking about. And I have a solution. Right click the drive your media is on, and de-select recurse so that there is not a little check mark next to recurse.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 08 @ 5:27 pm
thanks SSD

I went ahead and followed the steps, but there WAS NOT a check next to Recurse on my drive..it was already de-selected.

What exactly is RECURSE? what does this option do?

thanks

Posted Tue 08 Jul 08 @ 7:53 pm
I THINK i figured it out, at least the delay/freeze stopped after i did this.

In the column of the database in VDJ, i had ARTIST/TITLE/BPM/FILE DATE

I uncheck the FILEDATE column and after that it stopped with the delay.

I assume the FILE DATE actually scans the hard drive to access the actual file dates, and the dates are not stored in the DATABASE.XML?

Anyway, once i stopped using the file date to sort my videos..it works fine. This has only been one night of test, so i'm going to continue with this and see if i get anymore delays.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 2:26 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Indeed, "Filedate" is not stored in the database.xml file

"Filedate" is read in real-time that's why when you try to sort this column, it takes a long time.

It's clearly something to fix

Thank you again for your help

Posted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 4:43 am
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I had this problem also, so now instead of 'filedate' i use 'first seen' wich vdj keeps in the database.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 12:10 am
How do you get into the database column to uncheck the filedate column? I'm having the same problems with delays/freezing.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 7:03 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Is the little square left of your browser, you can select and sort the way you want.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 7:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)